• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 or 2 loops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haggenator

Registered
I currently have this setup.

Loop:
4x120 rad -> pump -> cpu -> 2x80 rad -> GPU

Would it be beneficial to add a separate loop? For the cpu and gpu. Can the 2x80 rad handle the gpu. I would rather get better temps for my cpu than gpu. Would adding a second loop help the temps of my cpu?

Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need any other information.

Unless you have some crazy OC on I7 and running CF/SLI I dont think its needed to separate loops. What are your temperatures ?

Don't use 80 rads, those are really horrible in performance, even a single 120mm is beter then both 80mm.

okay I have a GTX 285 heavily overclocked and a core i7 860 heavy overclocked. Currently I am at 4.0ghz, 1.32vcore. with about 65-70C on load. Like I said dont care much about the gpu. I have fans in a push/pull setup and they are low speed yate loons. having the computer quiet is very important.

Okay just wondering if anybody has anything to say?

Plus trying to bump up my thread:)

Under load is something like prime 95 small ffts and Furmark load test at the same time for an hour? If so when you game etc your even lower than 65-70C so your fine. No app pushes as hard as those two for load tests.

Ya your exactly right, that is about the maximum temps with prime95 small ftts.

But lets just say if I did do 2 loops. Im guessing it would help temps? How much though?

Back