• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4770 & windows 7 overclocking tools?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

Well CCC only goes up to about 850 core/ram, which isn't enough.

I downloaded rivatuner and changed the values in the config file, which allows me to monitor clock speed on my card (though it's wrong). When I start up rivatuner it gives me

"cannot load rivatuner64.sys driver" Where can I obtain this?

When I try to use ati tray tools I get
"cannot connect to low-level driver"

How can I get CCC to let me go up higher than 850, or how can I get either one of these programs to work? Also is there a video card benchmark that doesn't require the internet, as my desktop is not currently connected? TIA

The download of RT includes a signed driver for the x64 version of Vista / Win7 (RivaTuner224MSIMOA2009EditionDrv.rtu). When asked during the install "Do you want to install available updates for RivaTuner?", hit the Yes button... which in turn will load the signed driver.

That was so easy, thank you so much. I didn't click that before because I didn't have internet connectivity, so I skipped it.

I am still interested in a video benchmark that doesn't need the internet to view your score.

Also I will post my results later if anyone's interested.

So I got the core up to 855 and the mem to 850...

The core seems reasonable, but other websites/people have the mem all the way up to 1000? What gives? This sucks :(

I got the core to 865, mem to 870. Got a furmark 2 minute @ 1920*1080 score of 6385.

Base score was 5840.

Last edited:
I have been reading that the gddr5 on my card is rated for 1000mhz...but mine crashes at 870?

Do I have to flash my bios to the asus TOP bios to up the core voltage? What's the risk in that?

The speeds 850/850 are rock steady under furmark and games, but sometimes when i hit apply in rivatuner it crashes and I have to restart. If I slowly work my way up to 850/850 it's perfectly stable?

Back