• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel VP: 32nm Quads "Not far away"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overvolting

Registered
That's right, nobody seems to know what the hell is going on. Is intel going to release 32nm quad core chips this year or not?

All of the news up to this point indicated they would not, however based on this article, Intel executive VP Sean Maloney answered a question at CES by saying he couldn’t say exactly when Intel would release 32nn quad-core processors, but he added “clearly it’s not far away.”

I'm on the fence about getting a dual core 32nm. I would buy a well-priced quad core in a heartbeat. Especially if they left the nasty GPU off the package. I don't need it.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/computers/?p=1173

Man, a 32nm i7 on x58. Might be just intime for a new build. Wife should have a job by the end of the month hopefully :D

This is Sandybridge talk i believe ,cpu and gpu on single die, mainstream quad core.Article is kinda bs , increased graphic performance , well considering they were using intel graphics that doesn't mean much...

This is Sandybridge talk i believe ,cpu and gpu on single die, mainstream quad core.Article is kinda bs , increased graphic performance , well considering they were using intel graphics that doesn't mean much...
The graphics are competitive with a 9400M, aren't they? Might not be much for a desktop, but it's awesome news for laptops.

Are you talking about sandy bridge GPU ? I have no clue how it performs , it will be a year before we see it .If you are talking about clarkdale GPU performance , i haven't seen one proper comparison against ATi nvidia counterparts , and for what it costs it is a piece of crap .

Are you talking about sandy bridge GPU ? I have no clue how it performs , it will be a year before we see it .If you are talking about clarkdale GPU performance , i haven't seen one proper comparison against ATi nvidia counterparts , and for what it costs it is a piece of crap .

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3704&p=4 The only bad thing about that test is that it uses the i5-661 which has a boosted speed GPU versus other Clarkdales but at least Intel IGPs have become competitive. A test of the i3s would be nice because those are the Clarkdales that make the most sense as new purchases.

Integrated graphics of all kinds are still weak for semi-serious gaming at resolutions and settings we'd be interested in. This is still true of the graphics on the Clarkdale but overall it's a big improvement over previous Intel IGPs. I'd like to see some numbers for less demanding games myself. One huge advantage they have is for HTPC use they are the first IGP to do all types of audio bitstreaming.

I don't think it has anything to do with Sandy, the gpu he talks about is on the new 32nm duals.

There are xeons in intel's lineup with 4 cores, most likely 6 with disabled duals who knows whether it comes to desktop or not.
While I would love to get one it would mean sandy gets delayed which I would take over the die shrunk i7.

Back