• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this good for a Agility?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Right. there should be a 100MB 'partition' at the front of the drive for proper alignment I believe...

@ Evil - I know we cant compare. I just listed that to show that you should be able to get the specs it lists at least. Thats why I posted it was 'over spec'.

My drive is half full BTW. ;)

Right. there should be a 100MB 'partition' at the front of the drive for proper alignment I believe...
not that im aware of(remember been out of the SSD loop for a while), from what i recall the 100mb is for win7 restore feature or something. my aligned drive array has no 100mb partion by it self.

You should make sure you have about 20% to ensure no loss in performance of free space on the drive.

Also, it would be helpful if we knew if TRIM was enabled. Try right clicking cmd.exe and choosing to run it as administrator

not that im aware of(remember been out of the SSD loop for a while), from what i recall the 100mb is for win7 restore feature or something. my aligned drive array has no 100mb partion by it self.
I may be incorrect then. I thought that was the alignment that W7 puts there. I do not have that 100mb partition on any mechanical drives though. But now that I am thinking about it, the partition its on I didnt format through the install, so Im not sure.

Conficlting info it seems:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/windows-7/7486-w7-solid-state-drive-alignment.html

But the link below would be my 'gospel'.
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48309

You should make sure you have about 20% to ensure no loss in performance of free space on the drive.

Also, it would be helpful if we knew if TRIM was enabled. Try right clicking cmd.exe and choosing to run it as administrator

Step by step please. I know nothing of comand Prompt proceedures. the cmd.exe is open but what after that?

I may be incorrect then. I thought that was the alignment that W7 puts there. I do not have that 100mb partition on any mechanical drives though. But now that I am thinking about it, the partition its on I didnt format through the install, so Im not sure.

Conficlting info it seems:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/windows-7/7486-w7-solid-state-drive-alignment.html

But the link below would be my 'gospel'.
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48309

not sure whats in the second link that im missing about win7 and the 100mb partition. that is the same link i posted for drive alignment.

i did find this though about the 100mb partition, nope not for SSD's.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/31d88a3b-a464-45ec-ad31-36961ecae256
for bitlocker...

even this one might cover more then what that post is about
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...reserved-partition-when-installing-windows-7/

OK, thanks doz, it worked.

Looks like trimm is enabled

Attachments

• trim on.gif
    trim on.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 90
On the OCZ support forum there was a post from a moderator that claimed fw 1.5 is coming up. So maybe that will help? It is definately alot faster than my Raptor Raid O setup. So I guess I will just wait a bit for the fw1.5.

just checking krag but you did install the newest intel drivers for the SB and/or the AHCI drivers(if using AHCI mode)?

Its enabled, but has it run? Have you let your PC just sit there (i want to say S3 state but thats sleep I think) say overnight to use it? IIRC, it just wont run while you are sitting there, it needs significant idle time to do its thing.

As far as the second link Evil, seems like Im just posting stuff up without thoroughly looking through it as that is for XP and doesnt have anything to do with the 100mb partition. My apologies.

Personally, and I have said this before. I prefer GC over TRIM, but only b/c Tony said its not the answer that everyone was looking for. I can dig up his quote if you like (its in the Summit FW thread around page 3/4). Every couple of weeks I just leave my PC in the bios overnight to let GC do its thing. GC works in windows of course, but Im not sure if the modes it works in I still have as I have a trimmed OS cutting out A LOT of goodies. Performance increases show in ATTO the next morning from a prior run that night before GC.

Sorry about all the disclaimers...Im just picking my brain for some answers and just want to be accurate.

Last edited:
just checking krag but you did install the newest intel drivers for the SB and/or the AHCI drivers(if using AHCI mode)?

I am not sure on that I will check now. I did notive after I set the bios to AHCI from IDE that when the system booted into Win7 I saw the little driver box popup and show each SATA port being installed 1-6.

Its enabled, but has it run? Have you let your PC just sit there (i want to say S3 state but thats sleep I think) say overnight to use it? IIRC, it just wont run while you are sitting there, it needs significant idle time to do its thing.

As far as the second link Evil, seems like Im just posting stuff up without thoroughly looking through it as that is for XP and doesnt have anything to do with the 100mb partition. My apologies.

Personally, and I have said this before. I prefer GC over TRIM, but only b/c Tony said its not the answer that everyone was looking for. I can dig up his quote if you like (its in the Summit FW thread around page 3/4). Every couple of weeks I just leave my PC in the bios overnight to let GC do its thing. GC works in windows of course, but Im not sure if the modes it works in I still have as I have a trimmed OS cutting out A LOT of goodies. Performance increases show in ATTO the next morning from a prior run that night before GC.

Sorry about all the disclaimers...Im just picking my brain for some answers and just want to be accurate.

Hmmm, I have let it run idle for a few hours but never overnight. I'll try that tonight.

I updated the Intel INF drivers and ran another bench. It seems that the ATTO scores are a little better buy the AS bench is about the same.

Attachments

• 3rd bench.gif
    3rd bench.gif
    199 KB · Views: 56
Back