5870 Eyefinity Edition

Anyone hear any news on it? Everything I've read says it should have been released by now. I know it's 2gb and has 6 monitor outputs... but still no news... Me wanty!
    3930k@4.7ghz, ASRock Extreme9, G.SKILL Ripjaws 8x4gb @2133 9-11-10-28,
    HIS R9 290 IceQ x2 OC, Samsung EVO 840 250gb, 2x1TB, 1x4TB WD black's,
    Corsair AX1200, 3x 27" Asus VN279Q, Corsair h100

Heatware

Heatware Profile
    Well they are either holding it back , so they have something to show and in some way overshadow NV release , or they holding it back because of driver issues.They did a live demo with it but it could be either really . Just speculation on my part did not really hear anything about it for some time now.
    Looking to buy AM3 Six Quad and Tri core chips. PM me.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=67820

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    I'd put my money on them holding it back for when Nvidia's new cards come out, cash in on the Eyefinity hype and steal some of nvidias sales.
    It's what i would do.

I'd also have been keeping the very top bin of dies held back for the eyefinity cards, being able to release them with eyefinity and higher clocks would be huge.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

10 Year Badge
    I have a low budget, but I am using eyefinity right now. I had only spent a little over $300 to get it up and running. $160 for the 5770 and I bought two 21.5 inch lcd monitors from Staples for $75 each. I also had to buy the monoprice displayport/vga adapter, but that was only $22. I ended buying a third monitor from Staples so I could have three of the same monitors. I could sell my old 22 inch hp monitor for about $150 that would end up paying for two of the new ones. I can tell you triple monitor gaming is awesome. I hope I never have to game with a single monitor again.
    Folding for Team 32
    i7 920@3.8-Asus P6X58D-PNY GTX 770
    Folding User Stats
    Heatware

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Cleaned things up, keep it on topic. There won't be another free pass.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.