• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T7 WS Supercomputer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

duckycrayfish

im thinking about getting the P6T7 WS Supercomputer. it looks like an amasing motherboard, but can you put a pcie x1 into one of its pcie slots?
i dont want to get it unless you can do that... and it would be really bad to get it and find out i cant.
could someone also tell me what its fbs is and how fast ram it can support? (like ddr3-?) i found specs on ram but i really dont understand it. thx :)

Last edited:
lol what would be the point of that?

didn't say there was a point to it but it can be done. I've seen cases where people wanted the 16x slots in there board for RAID cards for a home server (I believe I even saw one on here somewhere) and put a low power GPU in a 1x slot as bandwith was of no concern.

oh. this is kindof off topic... but what are the benifits of having a raid card with a mobo that can do raid?

oh. this is kindof off topic... but what are the benifits of having a raid card with a mobo that can do raid?

A true raid card will take all the load off of the processor. Onboard motherboard raid is still not true hardware raid. a good card will have it's own processor and ram to handle all the raid functions.

Back