• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer Ferrari One

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoMatta

Acer Ferrari One [56K Warning!]

Just purchased one today. Pics coming as soon as I can upload them (posting this and uploading from this nice little netbook).

Anyone have thoughts or comments? Anyone use one of these? It's my first netbook and seemed be getting good reviews, had to drive across town to track one down today.

Last edited:
ya, it's borderline a small laptop, in fact, there were some laptops priced at the same price point, but i wanted something a bit more compact.

i kind of have the full version of this the normal laptop version of this has double the cpu power and less battery life. thats about it. and the size scales.

i just ran memtest86 that was on my ubuntu cd. it said the L1 cache transfers @ 16000 mb/s~

l2 cache is around 3200 mb/s~

and the ram transfers at 2200 mb/s~ for ddr 667 (for some reason memtest thinks It has 350 mhz clock) ddr700

I think they should have matched the memory to cpu clock or maybe there is a cpu throttle that lowers performance.

I feel like upgrading my cpu to a lower wattage unit for less heat and battery life something like yours but more power.

for a laptop though the 4 gb of memory is good. the lower bandwidth in memtest for some reason isn't really apparent in real life use.

ya, as far as netbooks go it definitely has a lot of horsepower at a steep premium. i'm not sure i'm going to hold on to it long, may exchange it in for a lower powered one, but we'll see.

i'm going out of town for a couple days and figured it would be the ideal time to grab a netbook and test it out to see if I like it (i'm currently without a laptop, so only have my desktop at home and my iphone on the road)

i took a ton of pictures of the packaging and what not and will also take some screenies of it in action as well, just haven't had time to get them uploaded just yet.

NICE! Enjoy!

No idea why its called a netbook....lol

How much?

hah, sorry, just noticed the question in your post:

as someone else already linked, it retails at $599 +tax, roughly $640 or so total.

Meaning it could have been a netbook + a video card, or a netbook + another monitor =P.

I have to stop myself from thinking in such terms though, I could definitely get some serious mileage out of a nice netbook which is why i convinced myself to buy it in the first place!

ok, here we go as promised. i still want to get some screenshots pulled together of various things, i'll get those posted sometime soon (hopefully today)

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

And some Ferrari Branding pictures...

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg
(this is on the bottom right of the keyboard, if that's not clear from the pictures)

That's a nice little netbook. I only wish I could have gotten my mother to hold off on getting a laptop for about 6 months. What with all of the nice netbooks that would have suited her just fine.

Netbook? Last i checked, i can't run Sim City on a netbook... or spore... i think that would handle it pretty well though... i want one!!!

With an ATI 3200? I thought that was weaker than the ION (GeForce 9400) setup?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220659

Kind of scared of Acer - they seem a bit cheap in my opinion and recently had a massive recall of their laptops due to some lethal wiring problems.

Lemme know how it runs games :) I'm looking into getting a netbook myself to run EVE (Lite) / Warcraft 3 / KOTR / ETC...

Back