• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new A/V reciever with at least 100w per channel.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
My Onkyo TX-SR606 A/V receiver 90w per channel has been a 1 yr or so problem that I am tired of putting up with. I keep getting intermittent video & sound blackouts (screen goes black W/no sound) periodical. No rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it goes a couple days without it and then its blipping blackout periodic city.

I have called "The Dish Network" and they walk me Thur all to no avail.

Each time I get a "blackout" I see a little whiteout box in the upper left hand corner saying, 1) no video, or...2) unsupported video. Thats it every time.

The dish is aligned properly but the same ole" crappy problem happens over & over & over & over & over & over & ....

AAAUUuuugggGGGGGhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna friggen BLOW MY STACX~!:temper::temper::temper:

Mmmmm, OK, better now....I think it is my Onkyo A/v receiver. Why do i think this? When I use my Dish DVR I still get the "blackouts" on playback. I stop the recording and then reverse it to before the playback and all is good past the previously noticed "blackout." I believe eit is my Onkyo A/V receiver.

I need some recommendations for 1080p A/v receivers with 100w per channel

Krag I have the same reciever and on certain on demand shows I get a loud pop and then the reciever powe faults. I am assuming you bought a refurb from Onkyo?

I have been looking at different recievers but with my never being home anymore (Jan in MS, Feb in Co., 1st week of Mar in Tx.) I have decided to just pay off the car faster.

Very interesting bro. I bought this from Circuit City before they had the melt down. I think its 2 yrs old now maybe a little more. I remember they had some crappy A/V's in stock but not this one. I liked it due to the 4 HDMI 1.3 ports it came with. So after the salesman found it online on the showroom floor, we ordered it. I notice the little HDMI lights blink back and forth when the blackouts happen. It really sucks HARD when I want to watch UFC or WEC. Cause it blacks out when an opponent is about to get hammered and then BLINK! AAAaaUUUuuuuuuuGGGhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, rant here.... Circuit City shipped it to me after a 2 week wait. I am not sure if it is a refurb, could be.

I am ready to destroy it right now.

Althoguh I do have $400 in my paypal right now and am looking for a newer better reciever.

I have a awesome 420w Polk Audio sub that is not getting a chance to show itself. :(

Back