• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EP45-UD3P rev's any difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radi4fun

I was wondering if any one knows if there is any difference in the Rev's of the UD3P MB. i know there is Rev 1.0, Rev 1.1, and Rev 1.6

is the older Rev1.0 just as good as Rev1.6? would i loose anything if i buy Rev1.0 over Rev1.6? Just wondering why there are 3 revisions to the same board. was the original not good enough?

I had the rev 1.0 and it was a great board... one of my favorite p45 chipset motherboards. I traded the board and some ram for a i5 750 and the guy I traded with was specifically interested in and looking for rev 1.0.

I have a rev.1.6 and it's good. I went up the 533 FSB easily, the only reason I stopped is b/c my RAM is DDR2-1066.

I'm sure when I figure out Vtt, PLL, CPU Ref, and MCH Ref voltages I'll be able to get some good clocks.

I have had several 1.0 and 1.1's and a couple of weeks picked up a 1.6 and it sucked real bad, I heard from a lot of people that the 1.6 is a turn for the worse, it had major RAM issues and could not get my e8600 even to 4.5 ghz :(

At the OP, if you can get access to a rev 1.0 or 1.1 I will buy it, please let me know

Last edited:
I have gad several 1.0 and 1.1's and a couple of weeks picked up a 1.6 and it sucked real bad, I heard from a lot of people that the 1.6 is a turn for the worse, it had major RAM issues and could not get my e8600 even to 4.5 ghz :(

At the OP, if you can get access to a rev 1.0 or 1.1 I will buy it, please let me know

I wonder if that has something to do with me not being able to get my E8400 quite to 4.5GHz...I just need 5-10MHz more...

wow, so rev 1.0 is good. so then why the heck did gigabyte even try and came up with the new rev's? i mean if something is good, don't fix it right? I was able to get 2 Rev1.0 and 1 rev1.1 the only thing is that the rev1.0's are local, and i don't trust craigslist too much as the MB's are about a year old, and not sure how long this would last. YGPM Brolloks

Diff EP45-UD3P revs

The 1.1 version adds some power saving features that they needed for compliance in the EU. I bet the BIOS shuts down more of the huge CPU power supply circuit when idle. I have both a 1.0 and an 1.1 but have not done any testing (and don't plan on it).

I have done similar-ish overclocks on the two boards. I overclocked a Q9300 to 3.0 with FSB (7.5 x 400) this was stable on the 1.0 version. I overclocked a E5200 to 3.0 with mult and FSB (11 x 266) this was not stable on the 1.1 version.

I bet the 1.6 rev has a big change of some kind, like a different Jmicron controller (just an example of a change that would make them jump numbers like that).

Back