• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev2 problem after installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OLMI

Hello again everyone! I used to post and read these forums quite a while ago and now I need your help once again :)

Yesterday I installed my new Accelero S1 Rev2 only to find that my video card now basically shuts off after a few seconds.

When I turn my computer on with the Accelero installed, my video card shuts off and my monitor loses the signal, but my computer continues to run.

Just now, I put the stock heatsink and fan on their and my computer boots just fine.

SO, it looks like my video card doesn't like the Accelero for some reason.

My question is basically, is the video card somehow sensing that the stock cooler isn't on there anymore and is shutting off for built in safety reasons?

My video card is an XFX pvt98wydfh (http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewPr...50314&cm_re=pvt98wydfh-_-14-150-314-_-Product)

This is the cooler of course.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewPr...6&cm_re=arctic_cooling-_-35-186-016-_-Product

I can't think of any other info that might help you help me... I've installed a few GPU heatsinks before and the video card works fine now with the stock heatsink so I know I didn't mess anything up while installing.

So ya, what would cause something like this? I don't want to return the Accelero if I can get it to work.

Thank you for reading :)

EDIT: ah yes, I forgot to mention that I tried plugging in the old fan that went along with the card WHILE I had the Accelero installed just in case it's detecting that there isn't a fan there, and that didn't help, so I wonder if the video card is sensing that some screws are missing perhaps?

Actually it came with both ram and voltage regulator mini heatsinks so that's not the problem.

are you getting even pressure on the chip? is the back of the card hot after it shuts off? is the heatsink hot?

to much or to little thermal paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back