• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New heatsink = won't boot correct, Stock heatsink = just fine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

With my new Accelero S1 rev2 GPU heatsink my video card shuts down after a few seconds while the rest of my computer continues to run.

Putting my stock cooler back on solves the problem.

How can my video card know that I have a different cooler on there and then shut itself off? (I tried plugging in the old fan onto the vid card while the new Accelero heatsink is installed in case it's detecting the missing fan and that's not the problem)

I hope some of you people browsing the video card forums will know what's up.

Last edited:
One thread at a time man... I would delete the other one (PM a mod or report your own post) as it gets confusing for all involved to deal with two threads.

Anyway, sounds like the other one wasnt mounted correctly and is shutting down b/c of heat or is touching something it shouldnt.

could also be a faulty tachfan reading and the comp just stopping to keep from thinking it is killing the cpu. try to keep the new sink on and plug the stock fan in and see if it will boot. dont let it run to long without a fan as it may build some high heat, but can check that way

Just to let anyone reading this later know, the Accelero most likely wasn't making contact with the GPU because it now works after trying to install it again.

Thanks for the help, two of you saved me some time because you guessed the problem right away.

:rock:

Back