• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Motherboard Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Judahcavalleri

Hey Everyone - this is my first time posting.

I searched through the forums and couldn't find another thread on this particular MOBO so I thought I would ask you all.

Ok so I have the following HP motherboard: 09F90H with Bios version HPQOEM 20050518 and after having looked through the bios I can't find anywhere to change the CPU voltage or anything else Overclocking related. I have a Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4ghz HT, which i have seen at speeds of over 4ghz with watercooling (which I have) but I don't know if my mobo can handle overclocking.

Am I right in saying that if a BIOS doesn't have the option to overclock, then i am pretty much screwed? i have looked for newer bios versions without success. I am also in the lame position that there are only a couple of prescott supporting motherboards with also support DDR2 ram (which I spent a lot of money on) and the only few that can natively overclock have terrible reviews!

If anyone has some wisdom I would GREATLY appreciate it! Please also note that yes, I am on a Pentium 4...let's assume that I am unable to upgrade to a better proccessor for the time being and really wanna concentrate on this one? However dumb that sounds, just trust me - this is what I have and I have to make the most of it!

thanks everyone!!!

Sry but u can't o c on. Any branded computer like hp Dell etc why because they modify the originL mobo bios and change it for. No oc option. They might be a possibility but it ll void the warranty with hp I suppose I don't know if u can do it. Becausei am not a guru...u might be able to flash the bios but I don't know how to So someone else might aable to answe to this question

No warranty to worry about, so that's not a problem. Am I right in saying that the bios has to be specifically designed for the motherboard...I cant just go installing anything willy nilly?

No warranty to worry about, so that's not a problem. Am I right in saying that the bios has to be specifically designed for the motherboard...I cant just go installing anything willy nilly?

You have to have a bios that matches that motherboard.

try doing a search for it as I will too, but I'm afraid you're most likely up the creek without a paddle.

You could probably get a good used 775 board like a Gigabyte or MSI, or Asus for cheap that will have the options that you will need for good overclocking.
Seeing as you have a Pentium D, then you will probably need a board that supports DDR400 and socket 775...and if you do a search on Ebay using the above criteria you might find a good deal on a fast mainboard to match your chip and mem.
Good Luck,
Doc

Forgot to say Welcome to the forums! :)

DocClock aka MadClocker said:
Seeing as you have a Pentium D, then you will probably need a board that supports DDR400

Huh? He says in the OP that he has a P4 HT, and DDR2.

Ok so I have the following HP motherboard: 09F90H

OK, first things first, that's not the model number of the motherboard, so we really don't know what sort of system you have, other than the fact that the CPU is one of the several variations of the 3.4ghz Prescott.

But generally speaking, you're probably outta luck. You will not find a different BIOS for the board... HP generally uses custom-specced boards, often along with different BIOS chips, so there's almost zero chance you'll find a standard retail BIOS that will work.

A BSEL mod would probably be out... the 17X multiplier of the chip would give you an instant 4.5ghz with a 1066 mod, and even on the off chance that the chipset supported it and the CPU could handle it, the VRM on the board most certainly wouldn't take the much higher load.

yea youll have to find out what board the oem used and find the same or compatible consumer boards bios,could be risky tho:( id just do like docclock suggested and just get another board and put all your stuff on it.

Hey Everyone - this is my first time posting.

I searched through the forums and couldn't find another thread on this particular MOBO so I thought I would ask you all.

Ok so I have the following HP motherboard: 09F90H with Bios version HPQOEM 20050518 and after having looked through the bios I can't find anywhere to change the CPU voltage or anything else Overclocking related. I have a Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4ghz HT, which i have seen at speeds of over 4ghz with watercooling (which I have) but I don't know if my mobo can handle overclocking.

Am I right in saying that if a BIOS doesn't have the option to overclock, then i am pretty much screwed? i have looked for newer bios versions without success. I am also in the lame position that there are only a couple of prescott supporting motherboards with also support DDR2 ram (which I spent a lot of money on) and the only few that can natively overclock have terrible reviews!

If anyone has some wisdom I would GREATLY appreciate it! Please also note that yes, I am on a Pentium 4...let's assume that I am unable to upgrade to a better proccessor for the time being and really wanna concentrate on this one? However dumb that sounds, just trust me - this is what I have and I have to make the most of it!

thanks everyone!!!
I have a HP Pavilion TG01 series with an AMD processor. It has an Erica 2 motherboard and the bios is locked but I have overclocked the ram to 3200mhz and used Ryzen Master to Auto OC the CPU. I don't know if that it will help but just letting you know that with software to do it.

Back