• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend me some ~1400rpm 120mm Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

So I'm having a hard time figuring out what is a good fan. I am switching back to watercooling since I have the quiet bug again. I'm looking for ~1400rpm fans since I feel that a little noise is ok and I don't need full silence, but 1600rpms are slightly too loud. Also I will only have 2 120mm radiators for my i5, so I can't go with fully silent fans. I definitely don't want to buy a fan controller. I need one 1400rpm fan for free air, one for radiator, and one for accelero v2.

I've seen people recommend Gentle Typhoons, but then I read that they put out lower air than others because of their larger center. There is a ton of discussion about 1700+ rpm fans most places, plenty of <1000rpm fans at silentpcreview, and it doesn't seem like a lot of discussion in the middle. If there is, it usually ends with "buy a faster fan with a fan controller".

What rads are you going to run? GT 1450 ot 1850s are great but at a price premium. I run the 1850s and use a fan controller, they work very very good.

For the price, you can't beat Yate Loon mediums.

Some rads have a deeper plenum on one side so the larger motor hub on the GTs matter less.

Yeah I was thinking about the yate loons, especially the ones from petra since they seem to be awesome! I do have 3 zalman ZM-F3, which were rated pretty highly, but they do get the vertical sleeve squeal. I'm thinking about just 7v these, since viper over at XS showed they were equal to some 1200-1400rpm fans in noise/cfm at that voltage.

I'm probably going to run a couple XSPC rx120. I would like to not run a fan controller since I plan on putting the pump in that area of my p180b. I will be running a single Sanyo Denki 38mm at 7v on one of the radiators, but it will be sitting deeper in the computer, so it should be pretty silent.

From more research it seems like overall the S-Flex and GTs are the best in terms of noise/cfm. Only thing is the S-Flex doesn't have any 1400rpm fans....... :bang head:

I'm so indecisive. I think I'll just get some GTs.

With an RX series rad, you'll be ok with any sort of fan because of the low FPI - you only need to start getting higher static pressure with the higher FPI rads.

I highly recommend the Scythe S-Flex to everyone. GREAT fans and longer lifetime with the fluid bearings. Yate Loon is great if you dont want to spend $10~ per fan.

Yeah I was thinking about the yate loons, especially the ones from petra...

Usually like Petra's but not at the moment. They are changing locations and my order still hadn't shipped after a week so I canceled yesterday and used frozencpu even though it cost more.

The tests have shown that somehow petra gets better fans as apparently he gets it directly.

I am just going with 3 1450rpm gentle typhoons, but switched from an xspc rx120 to a black ice gtx with a higher FPI for my 7v sanyo denki.

Back