• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Corsair Hydro Series H50 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For you guys who have the H50, how is the AM2 mounting bracket.
Sorry, I didn't use it either. I think it's very similar to the regular mount, the difference just lies in how the hold-down bracket is held down.
Just a quick newb question. The thermal paste that the H50 comes with, is everyone using that or do most people apply their own. Just a thought before I install mine.
The paste on it is Shin Etsu, which has very good stuff and mediocre bulk stuff. This is likely the latter (though Corsair did not supply the model #). I have a feeling you'd see at least slightly better temperatures replacing it with quality TIM.

Sorry, I didn't use it either. I think it's very similar to the regular mount, the difference just lies in how the hold-down bracket is held down.

The paste on it is Shin Etsu, which has very good stuff and mediocre bulk stuff. This is likely the latter (though Corsair did not supply the model #). I have a feeling you'd see at least slightly better temperatures replacing it with quality TIM.

Ty for the quick reply, I have one more question about the push pull thing. which way do u think is the best direction to push pull. Would it be best to push air from outside against rad and pull from rad into case?

Yes, that's the best orientation, pull cool outside air into the case through the rad. You sacrifice a couple degrees of internal case temperature but as long as you have decent airflow even that is minuscule. The gain you'd get on CPU temps is well worth it.

So i got the H50 installed, I used some AS5 instead of the pre applied tim.
Just looking to see if my temps seem high. I have a I7 930 clocked to 4.0g with a vcore of 1.35 (so it says in the bios but cpuz says its a tad lower). I have 2 Siverstone FM121 (800-2400 rpm) fans in push pull. I am using real temp 3.40 to monitor temps, been running Prime for 3 hrs now with no errors but temps are staying around 76-78c with both fans maxed out. I know temp should drop some in a few days after TIM cures. Do these temps seem high though?

Nope, that's about on target. You may see it drop a degree or so as the AS:5 cures, but not much. The H50 is basically just better than a high-end air cooler, but quieter (you'd likely need stronger fans than what you have to achieve around their on air).

Yes, it's fine to let the fan ramp up & down via the CPU fan header. That's normal behavior and it won't cause any problems. As long as the pump runs 100%, all is well.

This solution would be great for an HTPC as long as there is enough height clearance and a little extra space around the fan hole to accommodate where the radiator extends. HTPCs should be silent and this is an excellent way to accomplish that.

Good point for sure, HTPC and SFF are good locations for an H50. I have one in my living room now in fact:

http://www.corsair.com/systembuild/report.aspx?report_id=1157274

Back