• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alien vs Predator Demo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
alot of the hosted games are just PURE LAG but its hard to tell unless your an alien, harder to grab people. this game is pure instant fun for me though. Its more in light of classic instant action shooters. Isnt this demo the same one from 10 months ago at e3 anyway?

Anyway try play with people closer to you, make lobbies with friends. We have had some fun games.

wow that was baaaaaad. As an alien I couldnt jump up even 1 level. You had to look at what you were jumping too and even then if it was too far it would only let you do this stupid little hop... gah they took the fun out of being an alien....lame

I actually enjoyed the origional, but this is just a better looking BROKEN version ;)

Don't give me the "demo" speech as I know it is not a good reflection of the final game. The game play just seems slower and clunkier than the original.

so far i'm really enjoying the demo and i want more. i can see how the controls are being called clunky especially while dealing with the marine but i honestly feel its more of a balance mechanic in that case. It is a class built on range and firepower, but due to its slow movement and aim it conveys a good sense of terror when your motion sensor is beeping like mad and you cant find wherever whatever is. i've certainly had more than a few holy crap moments as i was slaughtered unmercifully by something out of a shadow, and to me is what this game needs to be all about--it is the best horror game experience i've had in a multi-player environment by far.

The alien after a few hours of me getting used to is insanely deadly and its very easy to make hit and run attacks, or drop down grabs. It seems to me this is the quickest most agile class, its sprint is crazy fast. Though as mentioned above the transfer and jump commands could be tweaked for the better.

the predator i'm still figuring out, but having come up to a couple of good ones i can see how they will become a huge pain in the rear.

Though the game isn't perfect i do feel it is reasonably balanced at this point (read that as nicely playable but improvement is possible) i find promise of it being another fun class based multiplayer shooter that will stand next to tf2 in my steam list (please be dedicated servers *holds breath* and some fun game modes), this isn't your average UT/quake game here and if that's what your wanting--look elsewhere this game just isn't going to be as fast paced.

Well I tried it, and everyone here is right. I'm going to hold out on cancelling my pre order, but I'm extremely upset that they someone managed to screw up yet another AvP game.

I for one like it, but I've been playing AvP games since the SNES version, but some of the critiques here are things that I have not considered to be bad. The sound in my opinion needs work. The pulse rifle sound is almost generic, but the beauty of AvP is that eventually there will hopefully be mods to fix some of those discrepancies. I agree about the controls, and how they are more of a balance mechanic. I also can't wait to try out Bad Company 2. I was a huge fan of Battlefield 2 back in 2005, hopefully it can bring the same kind of fun.

God this game sucks - I downloaded the demo and its slow, clunky, boring, and overall shiet.

Yes its a demo and doesn't reflect the final product...however

If you're going to be releasing a game, don't release a broken demo to the mass population because 50% are NOT going to purchase this game just based on the bad taste the Demo left in their mouth.

Sorry but I have to say I am one of these people, not because I believe the game will suck, but I don't feel like giving my money to a company thats too goddamn stupid to realize how fail of a marketing ploy the Demo was.

/rant off

after playing avp and avp2 (old ones) the new one feels like driving a truck down a highway of snot...

This game is designed for a console imo, wheres the hold button to stay attached to wall...

Any idea if this was made for consoles and just ported to PC?

Made for 360->Ported to PS3 and PC.

Both the PS3 version and PC version have had fatal errors.

I hear the PC version of the demo has (or will have) some kind of patch.

No patch in sight for the PS3 version.

Way of the future...

It's really unbelievable how much hate this demo is getting here. It's a fantastic demo, I think the game is going to be a lot of fun. And I'm looking forward to seeing another dx 11 game.

Well i just tried the demo... i was made to be a marine, i enjoyed it... good to fight the aliens and other marines... but predators are just too good!! They just sneak up on you and do the grab move and your dead... bit slow paced as well... im still gonna buy it for the single player tho...

I like the game actually. I'm keeping my pre-order. I completely agree with the control issues though, they are clunky and took me a while to get used to. Playing as the Predator or Alien, I find it better to use my gamepad as opposed to mouse and keyboard for the class. Marine is mouse and keyboard for me all the way though. I found it fun, but the lack of dedicated servers made me sad. Thankfully dedicated servers will be in the full release, as well as the other multiplayer modes. Also can't wait to see how it looks in DX11.

I haven't played it, but i hope the controls are fixed on the final release. I've been waiting for another AVP since I used to rock AVP2 back in the day.

Back