• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem playing WMV files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

country_3030

I am trying to play a WMV file that pertains to my job. However, it will not play on my desktop at home. It works on my laptop at work and other computers. Windows Media Player, Nero Showtime, QuickTime and other suddenly stop working about 15s into the video. There are 15 of these videos total and all do the same thing. :bang head Please help.

Info: Windows 7, Media Player 12, Windows 7 Codec Pack Installed

you can work around this by using vlc player if you want that type of solution. I'm afraid I can't offer any other solutions.

VLC worked thanks. Still makes me mad that I forked over the money for Windows 7 yet still have to be my own techsupport for everything. Thanks Guys.

Glad that a software solution was good enough. From what info you provided though, I can't rule out if your computer just doesn't have enough power to play it smoothly.

You also might want to try playing around with mpc-hc media player classic home cinema.

Specs: E5200 at 3.5ghz, GeForce 9600 GSO OC, 4gb of Corsair XMS DDR2, Seagate 200gb

Don't think it is a power issue cause my 1.6ghz P4 laptop plays these perfectly. I can post a video if you would like to see it.

Back