• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird mic feedback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garrett27

Registered
Hey guys ive been having some weird mic feedback or something. when i talk into the mic on my headset i can hear myself speak and breathe and stuff. Its a logitec 5.1 system (cant remember the model) and it has a separate spot for headset connection attached to volume control. The problem is still there when i plug directly into the sound card. Is it my headset? My sound card? or what? Should i adjust some setting or something? Any input or help would be greatly appreciated

also im using an hp headset with mic attached and it is an 1/8 analog adapter

It sounds like the mic is set to 'monitor' which means the mic plays back through the speakers/headset. You should find a setting for this in your sound card control panel.

I have looked and there isnt a monitor setting. i put my settings back to normal and now its even worse when i try to get the mic working. it keeps throwing any sound it picks up right back at me and its creating a circle of death noise. Does anyone know the proper settings in order to get the mic working properly without having feedback or sound circle issues? Any other tips would be great as well its driving me nuts. And this doesnt happen all the time just when i test the mic in ccs source. when i just have the headphones on and listening to music its fine.

Back