• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wow corsair h50 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
amen thats where the difference really is
But it would be very nice to have high-end air temps with a fan parallel to the motherboard. It really helps a LOT if I can use the heatsink exhaust to cool the MOSFETs, NB, and RAM on my caseless rigs. Upright sinks just don't stir up quite enough air at the base for my liking ...

(I edited my original post then decided to add it here instead.)

With the H50 single fan (stock) setup, yes. With good higher end air coolers (TRUE, Tuniq120, Prolim Mega, Xigmatek on the cheap side). Am I mistaking? Looks like Chinstrap showed a 4C increase even with Push/pull over his TRUE...

Custom water though is of course a different story.
I saw that too but it might be different with AMD - another reason I'd like to get an H50 ... ;)

i3 540 is dual core with HT so quad anyway when its enabled. With 100W+ AMD quad CPU's i cant imagine it would be any different vs like AMD chips, but will readily admit I am just taking an educated guess.

Did we answer the OP's question? hehe!

I don't know how the heat output of Intels run so I'd just be guessing, too.

I do know the AMDs run a LOT cooler than most Intels and Frosty's divides their Top 10 lists up between AMD and Intel :shrug: so all the signs point to something being different.

i3 540 is dual core with HT so quad anyway when its enabled.
Uh - I disagree but this isn't the place for that discussion ... ;)

The spikes I have seen, mainly with my ambient air spikes. If I got the wood stove cranking to good, and it warmed up quick, I may have seen 65c on air. With water, my temps are lower plus I have time to get the windows open if it's to warm in here.

If I could find the 50.00 deal, I'd consider it for my wife's AMD 9850.

I went from a full custom water setup to a Venomous X because the water setup was too heavy to move around.

I then went to the H50 just to check it out. I'm going to stick with it.

Non of these effected my OC but the CPU is warmer then before.

I can agree with the heavy/pain-to-move concept. I think my case+equipment hits 50lbs or so. It can be a royal pain to move, thankfully that doesn't happen often. I might consider one of these for a SFF build for LAN parties or something. A TRUE/Megahelm may not fit, and if this gets you to the ( roughly ) same temps, not a bad idea. Then again, I'm not terribly sure on the relative sizes of the coolers....judging from a completely non-scientific glance, I think the H50 is smaller.

For $50, that would be nice for some of my folding machines, non of them are OC'ed but they do carry a nice load for some time. Stock coolers tend to warm up after a week or so. LOL

i spent 75 bucks on mine and i would recommend it to anybody looking to do a basic to moderate OC on a system as long as you replace that stock POS fan with something that has more CFM.

When I get my son's old PC in a Antec 900 I might replace the GPU (reusing the TR HR 01 I hope) and slap a H50 on it. Better than the TT V1 thats been on the E6600 for a longg time. It was my old WC PC.

We'll see what happens.

Many good reports about the H50 here.

At the Corsair support forums there are reports of difficulty. Browse those threads to get a feel for the product before blindly hitting the road with it. It may help with installation whoas if something unexpectedly pops up.

Not every computer case and MB share the same configuration or layouts.

Back