• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD 5.25 bay adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mad Butter

Hello all. I recently bought 2 OCZ 30GB SSD's and i wanted to mount them in an enclosure like this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=ssd_3.5_adapter-_-17-425-024-_-Product

However, that is a 3.5 inch drive rack and I need something to fit in a 5.25 bay for my tower. Would I need a 5.25 to 3.5 Bay Converter like this to make it fit?

http://www.avadirect.com/product_details_parts.asp?PRID=14715

For some reason, all the SSD enclosures are made in 3.5" and not 5.25" enclosures. Does anyone have any suggestions or what they have done to mount SSD's in full size towers? Thanks.

Almost everyone buying an SSD for a desktop wants it to fit into a standard hdd mount. I have never seen a 2.5" to 5.25" adapter so you might have to buy both.

thanks everyone for the input. All those are great choices, i dont need the hot swappable feature so i'll probably go with a simple metal bracket design.

theres This Lian Li 5.25 to 2x 2.5 adapter for 12 bucks.
it looks like it should do the job nicely, and is nice and cheap too.

Hi masters! I am reupping this thread. I have a cooler master test bench and I would like to have a full frame 5,25 dual slots for SSD. Without fans. Not necessary hotswap.
Do you know a product by an "international brand"? I can't buy on neweggs.

Thank you masters!

Who can you buy from? That would help a bit. If you can buy from eBay I'm sure you'll find plenty of offerins. Lian Li, Bytech, Rosewill, and many more offer 5.25 drive bay adapters that will allow you to fit 2.5" drives. I've even seen some that will allow four 2.5" drives with no fan, no hot-swap, etc, just the drives.

Just screw them in one side they fit! 4 drives per bay!

Here is two:

405085_383068621743364_1287352313_n.jpg

And four you just put them in the closer holes:

4.JPG

Last edited:
Just screw them in one side they fit! 4 drives per bay!

OMG you're a genius!!! Seriously! Sometimes the answer is right in front of us and we don't see it. I'm a pretty good "outside the box thinker", but this is just the KISS principle at its finest. :thup:

OMG you're a genius!!! Seriously! Sometimes the answer is right in front of us and we don't see it. I'm a pretty good "outside the box thinker", but this is just the KISS principle at its finest. :thup:

When you put them directly adjacent (second shot) you will need some straight power adapters and non 90º SATA connectors.

Other than that you are good.

I'm looking for a 2.5 to 5.25 adapter too. I had planned on buying the Lian Li one at NCIX for my next build, but now that the day has arrived they don't sell it any more. :(

Great idea with just using two screws though, which certainly appears to work well from the images posted. Isn't that route a bit risky though? It seems to me as if those screws might break off if the case was ever jarred, like a short drop when putting it down. Then you would have a fun time trying to get the screw threads out of the hole(s) on the SSD.

Back