• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX RADEON HD 5870 not getting along with ASUS P5N-E SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does your PSU have enough juice for the card is it dying? and i dont think ive seen your specs posted here yet

my specs are now up. no the card has plenty of juice. I have a crosair 750w psu! I already tried the uninstall of the drivers. I think it sucks to be the one who discovers that there is a compatibility issue with the board and the card. as I looked for the answer I found this problem in other forums. they also had no solution to their problem. :( oh and yes I once had my rig overclocked to 3.0ghz but since I updated the bios to my mobo for this card I have not got the overclocking right with this new bios :(

Are you certain you have both power plugs plugged into the card? I know its a PCIe 1+ board but there shouldnt be any reason it wont work... But wow is that an old(er) board with an ancient chipset. Have you tried updating the chipset drivers?

Are you certain you have both power plugs plugged into the card? I know its a PCIe 1+ board but there shouldnt be any reason it wont work... But wow is that an old(er) board with an ancient chipset. Have you tried updating the chipset drivers?

yes, and yes. I found that almost every one in the Asus forums with this mobo and the HD5870 are having similar problems. I think its time to update my mobo. any suggestions, thanks for the first (p45). I want to keep my Q6600, but I am willing to get a new i7 if i like the setup. I am tired of the hassle. time for a change. oh and I am keeping the HD 5870 as well.

You can get away with $100 mobo and your current setup (well maybe sell current ram and get 2x2gb sticks) for another year. To get into i7 you are looking at $425+ for mobo/cpu/ram...

I could aford the i7 setup but I think I will just go with a solid 100 dollar board to make the wife happy. I feel much more relaxed now that I got a direction for this problem. I apreciate all the help guys/gals. I can't wait to get my new mobo. I will research all I can before I decide on a mobo that will work with my HD5870. My p5n-e sli did give me lots of problems early on as well when I first got it. It was tough to overclock on this board. Well thanks again everyone. Keep making hints on what I should get as a mobo.

I got my new mobo!! I decided to go with this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
its the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45. I installed it and it runs great with the original XFX RADEON HD 5870!!!!!. my old p5n-e sli is now retired(siting in a box till I build a spare pc). I cant wait to over clock my Q6600 past 3.0ghz! I could not get past it with the old mobo. thanks to all of you for your help. when I bought the new p45 i was givin free ram its Extreme Performance Gaming Series DDR2 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-8500 Enhanced Latency DIMM Kit!! it came with a free street fighter IV download!!! here is a link http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Perfo...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267308705&sr=1-5
I did not get them from amazon, the link is just for info. I buy my stuff in a local mom and pop computer store. I want to update to windows 7 before I oc my cpu and gpu. I cant wait to test some games out!! excited!!

Back