• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitoring remote machines with hamachi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hm... so your computer is the main and theirs are being monitored? your name wont show up in the list if its the host but it should show up in the network places. If it doesn't then you may have your computer set to be hidden from the network.

I know it won't show up on the hamachi app, but it should show up in the network and it doesn't

Everything in my network sharing is enabled. I don't get it.

I know it won't show up on the hamachi app, but it should show up in the network and it doesn't

Everything in my network sharing is enabled. I don't get it.

So it's not showing up in Hamachi either?

It looks like you got around the problem with a user not having a password before. Did you disable the password requirement for sharing?

Also, I had a lot of issues with connecting hamachi shared folders when I first started, especially after reboots. It turns out it was cause I needed to log that person in every time to reconnect the drive. My solution was to create a user on the remote computers with the same user name and password as my main login on my computer. I just set them as a member of Remote Desktop Users and removed them from Users so it doesn't show on the Welcome screen. Then I gave that user permissions for the shared folders. Now I don't even map the drives. They just show up in the network area in explorer and I have HFM read them as like \\REMOTEPC1\folding\.

Only thing that sucks is that Hamachi2 got rid of upnp and for some reason I cannot get it to work with port forwarding (I know what I'm doing, it works with everything else), so I have to use the relay now. Anybody else have this problem? I'm thinking it's Hamachi, cause I can't get it to work behind any routers, when everything else forwards find behind those routers.

Holy crap seems like a lot of steps not needed.

I didn't change one thing with their computers or hamachi and I can see them and link the folder to HFM, but I can't do the reverse on their computers( monitor mine and pc 1 on pc2, or mine and pc2 on pc1 ) Don't know know why.

I didn't change one thing with their computers or hamachi and I can see them and link the folder to HFM, but I can't do the reverse on their computers( monitor mine and pc 1 on pc2, or mine and pc2 on pc1 ) Don't know know why.

I'm still not exactly sure what it is you can't see. The computers don't show up in hamachi, or you see them in Hamachi, but you can't access their shared folders?

I'm guessing they can't see the folder?
What OS are they? Do you have permissions set properly? Is guest sharing allowed, or does the user on the viewing computer have an account on the sharing computer?

don't most logon's work one way??

i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say, what your describing sounds like your hamachi room is offline on just "your" computer while the rest of your computers are online.
Your computer can log onto hamachi with the room being offline so you can see everyone else but they cant see you.
its the room status right here enclosed in red
loginoo.jpg

I can see them in hamachi as connected, and I see them in network. I can't see my pc on their networks, but they can see each other.

It sounds like you're not sharing on your computer correctly / permissions issue.

Also, I had this happen when Vista first came out, sharing with XP. I forget which way it happened and how I fixed it. Pretty sure it had to do with permissions though.

Back