• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Obsidian 700D coming , economy version of the 800D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CharlieCS

Corsair press release

With the exception of the elimination of the hot-swap SATA bays and associated front panel changes, and the change to the windowed side-panel, the Obsidian Series 700D is identical to the 800D, boasting the same innovative multi-zone cooling system, removable CPU backplate for easy heatsink installation, tool-free 5.25 inch drive installation, and sophisticated cable-management system. Like the 800D, the 700D also features the capability to add a triple 120mm radiator, making it ideal for high-end, liquid-cooled Dream PCs. The 700D is built using the same high-quality, durable materials and retains 800D’s sleek, sophisticated looks.

http://www.itrends.dk/11656 more pics .
700dtopangled650x896.png

I remember the talk when corsair released its first case , people wished it was cheaper or had a cheaper version , well there you go . I like it , could certainly live without a hot swap bay and a window .wondering how much cheaper it will be tho .

Hmmm... I hope they sell a window mod. I like how the 800D looks and I love the cable management and other cool features, but the price always made it see ridiculous to me. Hopefully this case will be in the 200's.

Nice case, but I would'nt buy diddly from Corsair. Their products are way overpriced and the customer support is down in the crapper.

+1

Something about the same size as Fractal Design's Define R2 case would be nice (W*H*D = 207*440*521 mm), except with the 800D design and window.

I hate any case that isn't a full tower, and I wish every case supported E-ATX. I like to have room to work in, and not having to bend cables to the point of breaking to plug things in.

Nice case, but I would'nt buy diddly from Corsair. Their products are way overpriced and the customer support is down in the crapper.

Even their PSUs?

Back