• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5870 XFIRE PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mosleypup

Registered
Hello all
im currently using a corsair tx750 watt psu, to run spec in sig
the quad is clocked at 4.0
what i would like to know is, would i be able to add another 5870 and run xfir with this psu ?
if it makes any difference ive also ran a gtx295 with same spec minus the 5870 obviously
many thanks

Last edited:
yes that psu is fine. if you want to be on the safe side though you could up to an 850, 900, or 1000W but like I said you are fine with that psu

I think the TX750 is actually a 900-950W PSU. I read a review somewhere and they tested it and they managed to draw way more than 750W without any repercussions. So you're all good!

your fine, I'm running the same X-Fire setup on the same PSU and not even close to maxing it out.

The corsair series of PSUs are very solid and well done. They are all rated at a lower Wattage than they are capable of.
I wouldnt say that for all. I know the HX620 was supposedly under rated, but otherwise, respectable review sites just have it pegged as a top notch unit in ripple/noise etc. I certainly wouldnt be comfortable stating that as its written. They can output what they say they can output even in a hot box. ;)

Last edited:
Back