• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WRT54G hangs when computer is off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

I run a WRT54G with Tomato installed on it. Works great 100% of the time when all the computers are one. I have my computer wired into it, and everything else is wireless.

The dilemma arrives once I turn my computer off. When the computer is off (not standby), the router hangs up and does not respond to any traffic on any other computer. Soon as I turn my computer back on, it works fine. The #1 light blinks as if there is traffic between my computer and the router, but the computer is off. I have any wake-by-LAN options turned off, etc.

Any ideas? This has been happening for quite a long time now, I believe since I've been using my P5B-Dlx.

Swapping LAN ports on your MoBo will pretty much help you narrow down the problem. If the issue persists after you sawp LAN ports, then you know the port itself was not to blame, and it could be an issue with the router or cabling. If the problem resolves itself after swapping LAN ports, then it was likely a flakey LAN port on your MoBo.

You could also try swapping LAN ports on the Router, and try swapping cables...

:cool:

Back