• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Aero and SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclucker

I have 2 7800gtx's from a old gaming rig and id like to put them to some use. I wont be gaming or rendering on it but will still be pushing the machine.

How much GPU does Windows Aero really use and would i benefit from better desktop performance with 2 7800gtx's running in SLI. Not gaming.

What current GPU do you use. Aero takes very little power, even the Cheap integrated video chips on modern motherboards handle Aero very well.

EDIT: And your desktop use will not benefit from using sli at all

I am not 100% certain, but I never see GPU load with every day desktop use. Only when I am playing a game.

Same. The WDM uses something like 100meg of RAM on my system, yet i can do flip 3D and all of that stuff and GPU usage is never over 0 percent. You shouldn't really need to put them in SLI for that. Any video card (integrated or not) from the last 5 years handles it fine, and any dedicated card from the decade just about will handle it.

Same. The WDM uses something like 100meg of RAM on my system, yet i can do flip 3D and all of that stuff and GPU usage is never over 0 percent. You shouldn't really need to put them in SLI for that. Any video card (integrated or not) from the last 5 years handles it fine, and any dedicated card from the decade just about will handle it.

QFT! The Geforce 6200 in my sig is running Aero in Win7 Pro with no issues. The whole rig actually seems snappier than it ever did with XP.

Back