• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GT5 has NASCAR!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its all well and good saying it has Nascar... but in order to play with those nascars... the game has to be released!!!

Forza 3 has stock cars and unlike GTA5 it is actually out. I refuse to get excited about this game until it is sitting on store shelves, if it ever gets there that is.

[Joke]
Horrah! We can now go round in circles some more!
[/Joke]

Also Toca race driver 2 and 3 both have Nascar style racing.

They're actually ovals.

Yes Forza has stock cars which is very fun, but there are only 3 oval tracks. Plus forza doesn't have the cot.

Last edited:
They're actually ovals.

Yes Forza has stock cars which is very fun, but there are only 3 oval tracks. Plus forza doesn't have the cot.

I'm from the UK so I'm used to either touring car or Formula one style tracks. To me going round an oval is just silly :)
Admittedly I know there is a bit more than just going round in circles but even so :D

GT5 might not have that great Nascar racing though... It might be a case of 3 tracks like in Forza.

It would be cool to have some road racing action on the NASCAR road tracks. (Not all the NASCAR tracks are just left turns.)
:D Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) is one of my favorie tracks for any type of racing. I hope it makes it into that aspect of the game. .. Just because, I used to love going there and watching races.

It would be cool to have some road racing action on the NASCAR road tracks. (Not all the NASCAR tracks are just left turns.)
:D Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) is one of my favorie tracks for any type of racing. I hope it makes it into that aspect of the game. .. Just because, I used to love going there and watching races.

You can drive the stock cars on any track in Forza. In fact I painted my Impala to be the paint scheme off Jeff Gordon

You can drive the stock cars on any track in Forza. In fact I painted my Impala to be the paint scheme off Jeff Gordon

It's actually the 2008 Monte Carlo SS, but I did the same thing :D.

I know some people don't understand NASCAR like I do. Even though I feel like I love all kinds of racing, I live just a few miles away from Darlington, and we would go there a lot when I was younger. In fact I'm just 15 minutes away living on this college campus, but the race is after the semester is over. Rockingham wasn't that far away either but they don't race there anymore.

It's actually the 2008 Monte Carlo SS, but I did the same thing :D.

I know some people don't understand NASCAR like I do. Even though I feel like I love all kinds of racing, I live just a few miles away from Darlington, and we would go there a lot when I was younger. In fact I'm just 15 minutes away living on this college campus, but the race is after the semester is over. Rockingham wasn't that far away either but they don't race there anymore.

It is the fanbase that kills NASCAR for me.

The drunk rabid fans? You're thinking of soccer.

No, the worst degenerates in all of sports, the Dale Jr we wish Dale Sr were still alive so we will still buy and sell the hell out of his likeness and drink Budweiser until we cant stand up any more crowd. God I hate even seeing a damned #3 these days.

Ah, the anti GFTL (go fast turn left) crowd is here again to ruin another thread. Seriously guys, if you don't like it then go find another thread. Coming in here just to say you don't like nascar is childish.

With that out of the way, and ignoring the GT5 getting delayed jokes, I like the old cars better. Mainly because they don't flip over all the time (see today's race? Mr. edwards was being a capital plebian and flipped some guy over, looks like the roll cage wasn't too fond of it either) and also because they aren't ugly.

I also like the fact that in forza, the stock cars are rather composed, while the V8 supercars have serious oversteer problems. I almost said they were loose there, that's no good.

Yeah I saw that it was crazy. They are putting the spoilers on the new car starting with Martinsville, I think that should stop them from flying like they do. Although I like the look of the wing but it's ended up not being very practical.

I thought it was the roof flaps deploying which was generating lift when the car gets spun around due to countering the draft effect these pack cars are in coupled with the near flat floorpan of the car that causes them to flip.

No the roof flaps are supposed to prevent the car from lifting off. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roof_flap Heres a video of the incident. http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/post_race/highlights/03/07/cup_atl_high_two.nascar/index.html

Ah, the anti GFTL (go fast turn left) crowd is here again to ruin another thread. Seriously guys, if you don't like it then go find another thread. Coming in here just to say you don't like nascar is childish.

Well you just have to ignore them. Personally I think it's silly to hate on NASCAR because they only turn left. Ooh road courses are so much more exciting the cars turn left and right! That is so much more exciting! At least on an oval track you can see the cars all the time.

Last edited:
I don't like Nascar because its boring as snot to me. I understand why people like it, but its just not for me.

as for the cars flipping: when they spin around it's that wing that will help the updraft once the air gets under the car from the wing it's away they go.

as for the game: GT5 will be good. but I think its lost all of its thunder from the PS1 days because they take forever to get a game to come out. (1997 was the first) 13 years and only 5 major titles? Forza came out in 05 and already has 3 out

Well Starcraft came out in 1998 and well Starcraft 2 is finally coming out late this spring. So that's 12 years and only 2 major titles. But yeah I'm not a big fan of long development cycles either. Forza 2 and 3 are awesome games.

That's cool, adding more options is always good. Personally NASCAR is not my thing, I understand that there is a lot of strategy in it but I can't watch it. Chess has strategy too and even though I enjoy playing a good game of chess, I find it really boring to watch.

Back