• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Verizon is ****ing me off...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

Here's the thing, we did an RMA on a blackberry not to long ago. Actually have done two so far. What has happened is we got a new blackberry for the Mrs... and it ended up crapping itself. the OS basically failed so we sent it back to be replaced. Well, we got a blackberry back but apparently the blackberry we sent them wasn't what they wanted. Apparently there was some sort of system glitch, and the system wants her chocolate. Her ****ing freebie lg chocolate she's had for two years (because it was the phone activated at the time). They sent us the blackberry but wanted the chocolate back? I don't get it.

only problem with that is the lg chocolate allows her to use just a phone, no mandatory data package or text-ing plan. So I told him sending back the LG when we've already sent back the blackberry was unacceptable. Well, we have a working blackberry but we also have the chocolate and she prefers to use it. Anywho, he said we had to send in the chocolate to get this fixed and he'd send us another blackberry. Knowing she didn't want the blackberry since we already have one and a spare does us no good...

I told him no, the only phone she'd be willing to pay a data package on is the droid. But only way I'd take it was with no charge to us, no contract, and the 519.99 on our bill gets fixed. If we have to send back the phone she prefers to use to save money, the least they can do is send us the phone she'd enjoy spending the extra money on... and he agreed to do that.

But does anybody else think this sounds fishy? (btw this was a manager doing this)

Well, she got her Droid. Still waiting for the literature on the return process for the chocolate. I'll update you guys to let you know if Verizon actually fixes this.

To clarify one thing: we have tracking information showing the blackberries made it, and the rep that night verified thy got a blackberry and that this was their issue.

he suggested this solution as it was the most sure bet to fix it.

Either way, we got the droid to start us off on the resolution, now to send back the chocolate and see what goes on there.

Back