• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 140mm radiator & 1 120mm radiator enough for i5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

So I ended up buying 1 XSPC 120mm, 1 GTX 120mm, and 1 GTX 140mm radiator. Measurements were just fine in determining fit. Only problem is I forgot to take into account barbs, oh yey... Like it fits, but I would have to drill out the center fan holder in the lower chamber for my p180b.

So the two rads I'm looking at using currently would be a XSPC RX120 with 1450rpm fan and the GTX 140mm with a 7v Sanyo Denki 38mm fan.

I guess I'm just being lazy and don't want to cut out that middle piece. Already did a bunch of cutting to the case, put most of the stuff in there, and now stuck with this.

Here's a current pic of my setup. My plan was originally to get all three in there, so that when I upgrade in 3-4 years, it would be able to handle whatever I put in.

If you were me, would you remove the middle piece in the lower bay? sorry wires in the way.

inprocess.jpg

Edit: Alright, i went ahead and drilled it out. Figured, what else am I going to do with the extra radiator :)

Last edited:
Back