• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Agility 60gb RAID 0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prime81

As the title states, I recently switched from two Raptor X 150gigs in RAID 0 to the OCZ Agility 60gb RAID 0. The results are pretty amazing to say the least. This is the short bench, I will run the long bench when i get home this morning. I was king of dissappointed at first as it was only pushing 265mb/s before I turned the advanced performance option on...then things began to fly.

System specs:

i7 950 @ stock speeds
rampage 2 extreme
win XP x64

agilityraid0.JPG

congrats nice run! Advanced performance? Not familiar with that tab...where might that be. What stripe size were you on? Curious cuz I just got a a second vertex and I'm configuring an array(64kb stripe) right this moment. Could you snap off some ATTO &/or crystal disk mark runs? HDtach still doesn't seem very reliable to me with ssd arrays.

yeh I'll snap some with those other benchmarks.

Stripe size is 128k, open device manager, click on disk drives, click on agility or whatever ur raid name is, click on properties and then it's at the bottom on policies tab... this is win XP x64 btw.

Alright here is ATTO, lemme know if I needa change any settings on this benchmark as I haven't used it before now.

agilityATTO.JPG

prime81 - your ATTO bench is outstanding.

Headstand - you need to enable write back cache on the intel matrix manager software. Your numbers should be similar then.

My atto is great, except for 1.0 and 2.0
My crystal mark looks like crap

Anyone know what I should do to improve it?

This is what I have done already

FW 1.5 for both drives
Raid 0 128k stripe
S3 sleep mode
Windows 7 X64 pro
Using Intel Raid TRIM drivers
enable write back cache
Disabled superfetch
Disabled defrag scheduler
Disabled Drive indexing
No screen saver enabled, system always on

any suggestions or this is the best I can do for now?

Attachments

• ATTO2OCZagilityraid0.jpg
    ATTO2OCZagilityraid0.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,136
Last edited:
Like i said earlier.... re enable superfetch... i dont know why ocz tells people to disable it. All it does is read from the ssd (which they are obviously really good at) and load commonly used programs to the ram.

One thing i will suggest is to enable power protect write cache... it was a little trick with windows xp to get rid of ssd studdering, and they put it in a much easier to enable way.

Go to the device manager > right click on your raid 0 > properties > Policies > Check "Turn Off Windows Write Cache Buffer Flushing"

What this will do is not constantly try to flush the write cache, it will wait untill the system stops using or slows down on usage of the drive. This trick did WONDERS for slow netbook ssd's within xp, and its even noticible within win 7. Never had any problems with "power loss" data corruption on my mini 9 with this option checked.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,100
my 2x60gb agility raid 0 results

Hello gentlemen. I have been messing with my raid set up for a couple of weeks now.
I have a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard, and my first raid set up was using the Gsata ports. My benchmarks were 180 read, 100write.

However, I recently changed to the intel raid controllers. My performance has increased dramatically, having my reads around 350, and my writes at around 150mb/s.

I could not help but notice other people's benchmarks consistently 100mb/s faster in both read and writes compared to my set up

currently I have done almost everything the OCZ forums and overclockers forums told me to do

disabled prefetch and superfetch
disabled "allow files to be indexed"
enabled write-caching
turn off windows write-caching buffer
write back cache is enabled in Intel rapid storage technology program.

stripe size is 128

my computer
GA-P55M-UD2 mobo
i7 860 @ 3.4
4gb ram
ati 5670 vid card
win7 pro

thx for any tips.

I have attached a picture of my ATTO benchmark. any input on my results are welcome. thank you for your time.

Attachments

• attobench.jpg
    attobench.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,689
Welcome to the forums!

If you have the time, I would suggest cloning your SSDs, wiping them clean (link to the procedure in my sig) and reimaging/reinstalling Windows. Hope this helps!

*Attached my results for 2 x X25-M G1 SSDs.

*Don't use the Intel Matrix RAID Driver either, it seems to confuse Win7 for some reason. I had a couple of BSODs in my previous attempt.

Attachments

• att0_1.png
    att0_1.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,710
Last edited:
Hello gentlemen. I have been messing with my raid set up for a couple of weeks now.
I have a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard, and my first raid set up was using the Gsata ports. My benchmarks were 180 read, 100write.

However, I recently changed to the intel raid controllers. My performance has increased dramatically, having my reads around 350, and my writes at around 150mb/s.

I could not help but notice other people's benchmarks consistently 100mb/s faster in both read and writes compared to my set up

currently I have done almost everything the OCZ forums and overclockers forums told me to do

disabled prefetch and superfetch
disabled "allow files to be indexed"
enabled write-caching
turn off windows write-caching buffer
write back cache is enabled in Intel rapid storage technology program.

stripe size is 128

my computer
GA-P55M-UD2 mobo
i7 860 @ 3.4
4gb ram
ati 5670 vid card
win7 pro

thx for any tips.

I have attached a picture of my ATTO benchmark. any input on my results are welcome. thank you for your time.

Looks like SSD degration to me. :)

Headstand - you need to enable write back cache on the intel matrix manager software. Your numbers should be similar then.

Improved my scores somewhat. I did not install the Intel Matrix RAID drivers. I think Win7 has them already.

Attachments

• att0_writebackCache.png
    att0_writebackCache.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,686
  • matrix_manager.png
    matrix_manager.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,697
I am having a little bit of an issue with my setup. i have 2x60GB agility 2 drives (obviously). I have installed them in RAID 0 on my desktop (Win 7 Ult 64, Rampage 2, i7-920, etc...) by:

1) installing these RAID drivers and the manager which is supposed to support trim in RAID. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=&DwnldID=15251
2) turning off the write cache buffer
3) keeping superfetch on
4) enabling write back cache

and i am getting ATTO benchmarks like: (see first attached picture)

aside from write speeds being a little higher in a couple of the tests which just happened on this bench strangely, everything looks good.

However, I purchased another 2 drives and have installed them in my ASUS Republic of Gamers laptop which supports Intel raid. set everything up the same as on my desktop and am getting benchmarks like: (see second attached picture)

the write speeds are in line with what they should be. however, the read speeds are messed up. i have tried to research this but haven't been able to find a solution.

any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• mypc.jpg
    mypc.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,337
  • mylaptop.jpg
    mylaptop.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,333
well there is no telling what kind of cut backs there are in the ICH9M vs a desktop ICH.

i figured that the performance would be lower but not by almost 200MB. also why would the write speeds be unchanged. im still banging my head against a wall with this.

Back