How difficult is it to switch to water-cooling?

Hello All,

First off, thanks for all the great info I've received from the many discussions.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'd like to setup an eyefinity rig with 3 24" monitors at 1900x1200 each.

I plan on using water cooling for the CPU and eventually for the GPU as well. I've seen the following offering for a 5870 with a water block pre-installed:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131322

which is a tad bit expensive.. but removes the hassle of installing a waterblock.

But I'm wondering if its all a bit of overkill for my purposes.. and whether or not I could go with air cooling and later, if desired, transform an air cooled 5870 to water cooling.

Is it hard to remove air-cooling devices and install water blocks? Is there any particular model of 5870 that is better suited for this transformation?

Thanks,

Michael

removing the stock HSF and installing a waterblock is quite simple.. remove screws from HSF, clean off the core of any TIM, put on new tim, install water block and screw down..

i dont think any card is "better" than the other for these purposes either.. but let some others weigh in too!
    EVGA x58 Micro (756) / i7 D0 @ 4.0, 1.278v w/HT (Air)
    2x 300GB V-rap raid0, WD Caviar Black 640GB & 1TB
    HIS 6950 @ 840/1450
    Mushkin 6GB @ 6-7-6-18
    / Enermax 720 Modular
    HAF 922 / Noctua D14Win7 Pro x64 / Mint 10
    HEAT
    i7(x58) OC'ing/Info
    / AMD Oc'ing/Info / C2D/C2Q OC'ing/Info
    Recommended Power Supply Listing