• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team32 needs our help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baditude_df

Northern Senior
I'm strongly encouraging all Rosetta Team members to sign up and give our F@H brothers and sisters a hand for March Madness!

Contest Thread For Discussion.

Signup Thread For SignUp only.

Of course, as soon as it's done I expect to see you all right back here rocking an 84K RAC again dammit. :)

We have another team section you can post this in too, don't be afraid to call on the benching team for things like this :thup:

*Edit: I took care of it for you :D

Are the folding clients any less buggy than they used to be? Because that is one reason why I dropped F@H way back when. You all know how I work and that my machines have to run unattended for weeks at a time. And I just couldn't count on the folding clients to keep going without problems, at least the clients that actually awarded a decent amount of points for the electricity I burned to get them. That is a thing I love about the BOINC platform. It's now mature and pretty problem-free and I can go offshore without worrying about my machines locking up and burning watts without doing anything. It seems to me that F@H never lets any one client get good and stable before going off on another tangent.

Anyways, I am offshore right now so I couldn't swap anything over right now anyways. I won't be in until next Thursday and I will have a 980X system waiting for me to put it together.

Are the folding clients any less buggy than they used to be? Because that is one reason why I dropped F@H way back when. You all know how I work and that my machines have to run unattended for weeks at a time. And I just couldn't count on the folding clients to keep going without problems, at least the clients that actually awarded a decent amount of points for the electricity I burned to get them. That is a thing I love about the BOINC platform. It's now mature and pretty problem-free and I can go offshore without worrying about my machines locking up and burning watts without doing anything. It seems to me that F@H never lets any one client get good and stable before going off on another tangent.

Anyways, I am offshore right now so I couldn't swap anything over right now anyways. I won't be in until next Thursday and I will have a 980X system waiting for me to put it together.
The high Performance Beta clients need babysitting. If you have any spare GPU's their Beta's give a nice return. They are are relatively maintenance free if they fail they just stop folding.

Good luck to you folks! That I7 prize would look nice folding on Rosie!!:soda:

Yeah although I am full time with Rosie now. I started to make sure you folks were paid back from Team32, if you ever helped out again. I got half mill up now and I can pledge another half mill. for the future.

Hopefully that covers what we borrow...I am sorry its not more.

I just signed up... I'm going to contribute my two GTX 280's.

@baditude_df:

Am I correct in believing that Rosetta does not support GPU "crunching"?

That's correct Pol.
I normally donate my 4890s to F@H since they cannot crunch Rosetta anyway, and keep my CPU on Rosetta.

Yeah although I am full time with Rosie now. I started to make sure you folks were paid back from Team32, if you ever helped out again. I got half mill up now and I can pledge another half mill. for the future.

Hopefully that covers what we borrow...I am sorry its not more.

It's more than enough, we appreciate your support fonda!
Looking forward to 1MIL!

Back