• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with new pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

I built a pc for a guy and overclocked it and have it stress tested and am going to run folding on it for a little bit, but my hfm is reporting only 2200 points and a credit of 483

It's showing an a3 p6025. why is it not showing like 13k ppd?

I have the right key, right username and right team :(

Any clues?

FIXED IT

:( I forgot the mobo and cpu was offline during the timechange.

sorry for being a nincompoop guys

Last edited:
THe system clock is wrong on the new machine, which is why HFM reports asynchronous clocks. With the clock wrong, the download time is wrong and thus the ppd is wrong. Look at the TPF, is it around 3 minutes? If so it's running right. If not, post the log.

If you answered yes to -advmethods in config, you don't need -advmethods in the start string. You must have selected -advmethods in config to have gotten a p6012. I think PG should fix the client so that it shows -advmethods in the Arguments......

# Windows SMP Console Edition #################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 6.29

http://folding.stanford.edu

Launch directory: C:\Users\ChasR\Win FAH SMP
Executable: C:\Users\ChasR\Win FAH SMP\[email protected]
Arguments: -smp -verbosity 9

.....if you selected it in the config as I did in the rig the log snippet came from.

Somewhere around Harlam and I have posted about how the ppd calc is made.

THe system clock is wrong on the new machine, which is why HFM reports asynchronous clocks. With the clock wrong, the download time is wrong and thus the ppd is wrong. Look at the TPF, is it around 3 minutes? If so it's running right. If not, post the log.

If you answered yes to -advmethods in config, you don't need -advmethods in the start string. You must have selected -advmethods in config to have gotten a p6012. I think PG should fix the client so that it shows -advmethods in the Arguments......

# Windows SMP Console Edition #################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 6.29

http://folding.stanford.edu

Launch directory: C:\Users\ChasR\Win FAH SMP
Executable: C:\Users\ChasR\Win FAH SMP\[email protected]
Arguments: -smp -verbosity 9

.....if you selected it in the config as I did in the rig the log snippet came from.

Somewhere around Harlam and I have posted about how the ppd calc is made.

Chas- Yes it says 3:02, and yes I did say yes to advmethods and put in -smp 8 -verbosity 9. I'm confused it 's never done this to me(yet)

FIXED IT

:( I forgot the mobo and cpu was offline during the timechange.

sorry for being a nincompoop guys

Last edited:
Bios clock is run by a battery, it doesn't lose time when unplugged, if working correctly.

Back