• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD! is this hardware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pwn'd

Registered
Hello all and thanks for even looking at this post. heres the scoop im making my latest build and have been getting the all mighty BSOD.
here are the specs-
Intel i7 860
Msi gd-65
WD Cavier 808gb
Corsair Xm3 ram
Ati radeon 5850
Corsair 650 modular power supply.

Every time i attempt to install Windows 7 (oem home premium). i get Bsods. im getting a different Bsod every time! However here are the most common ones
- MEMORY MANAGMENT
- irql_not_less_or_equal
other times i get the bsod that says nothing just 'have you installed new hardware, etc.?'
I'm sure it is not the motherboard as i have tested it on my friends i5 system.
I personally think its the RAM (i have correctly installed the dual channel memory). what are the possible issues?

first, before installing windows go into bios and load default settings, then set your memory timings manually, then download/run memtest86+ on the ram to see if its got issues..if it passes a few tests try installing win again

make sure when setting ram you set its voltages yourself as well

i was getting trhe IRQ error last week. i lowered my oc by a few megs and it went away.
loading default settings would be a good place to start.

if you are getting issues with ram take them out and start with 1 until you run Memtest and get an issue then you have found your bad ram, if that is what it is.

Back