• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win7 OS mirror keeps breaking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclucker

Ive been having an issue where i do a software mirror on my system running windows 7. Im using Disk Management it says "Failed Redundancy" when i go to check the status of the HDDs. When i hit reactivate it starts resyncing for about 30 seconds and then goes back to "Failed Redundancy"

im also getting this error in event viewer when it fails. I googled it but i didnt find anything relevant to my situation.

Log Name: System
Source: VDS Basic Provider
Date: 3/22/2010 5:13:22 PM
Event ID: 1
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Comp
Description:
Unexpected failure. Error code: 490@01010004
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="VDS Basic Provider" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49664">1</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-03-23T00:13:22.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>4868</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Privatsys</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>490@01010004</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

my system isnt encrypted and both HDDs are identical. It was working for a few days when i first built the system but now it just wont stay Mirrored.

I had a similar problem with my ICH10. My issue ended up being the Matrix Storage drivers. Once I upgraded to RST, my RAID failures went away.

I had a similar problem with my ICH10. My issue ended up being the Matrix Storage drivers. Once I upgraded to RST, my RAID failures went away.

gotcha, i am running ICH10R on my raid-5 which is working great. Im running Jmicron for my Windows Mirror. I checked the drivers and they are up to date. Im gonna try reinstalling the driver.

what do you mean by RST?

don't mean to hijack this thread, just interested in doing this myself. i have intel matrix set up as raid 0 and raid 5. Can i mirror my raid 0 (os) to another drive. i have ich9 i think

Back