• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, so who got it, and can personally attest that it was worth the wait?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 480 is an awesome card, which has not really shown its full potential yet. I just don't think many games take advantage of its strenghts - Tessellation, geometry and shaders. When games actually start to use proper DX11 features, this card will widen the gap between nVidia and current ATi cards.

Would I spend $500 on a GTX 480? Absolutely.

-D

I would like to know where I was being un-chill.

I asked to keep it relevant to Nvidia Cards only and then I get bashed by ATI in a Nvidia section of our forums.

Then certain people agree with the ATI people. Does anyone think I am that naieve to think that Nvidia is the only card manufacturer on this planet? Can I not prefer one over the other? Talk about peer pressure.

I think those of you who chose to make this an ATI problem with me need to take a chill pill.

Why do I have to justify not liking ATI? I have a TV card sitting here that is only 3 months old and the drivers will not work in anything other than Windows XP?

Why is it whenever someone post in a NVIDIA section of the forum all of the ATI guys show up?

This is getting ridiculous, if someone started a thread AMD vs Intel, the thread would get locked. Please anyone not interested in answering my question without bringing up ATI, please get off of my thread.

I thought you were making a joke.... saying please no ati fanboys post because I am an nVidia fanboy. Did not realize you were serious.

Guess it is not as funny now :(

Would I spend $500 on a GTX 480 if it weren't a griddle or sound like a leave blower, Absolutely!:burn::burn:

I got my case mod ready for 480GTX when price drops!

_huge_fan_cooled_case_mod_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back