• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 5870 performance decrease over a week?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lolwut

Got my XFX 5870 bout a week ago, ran amazingly right out of the box at stock clock/mem clock speeds. OC'd it a bit with GPU clock tool, and then played some BF:BC2. After a few overheats and shutdowns i decided to just run at stock clocks. Now I dip down as low as 17 FPS in world of warcraft! I know thats not normal, because my GF plays full settings w/ vsync on at a constant 60fps, and I cant even touch her framerate with my 5870. Help!

Also, I was thinkin bout crossfiring 2 of these cards, but now i need to figure out wtf is goin on with my single

I wonder if it's possible you installed the Folding @Home app? When I did that on my 4890, it never worked right and always killed my gaming performance

I suppose it's also possible that you damaged your card with the overheats and shutdowns.

Got my XFX 5870 bout a week ago, ran amazingly right out of the box at stock clock/mem clock speeds. OC'd it a bit with GPU clock tool, and then played some BF:BC2. After a few overheats and shutdowns i decided to just run at stock clocks. Now I dip down as low as 17 FPS in world of warcraft! I know thats not normal, because my GF plays full settings w/ vsync on at a constant 60fps, and I cant even touch her framerate with my 5870. Help!

Also, I was thinkin bout crossfiring 2 of these cards, but now i need to figure out wtf is goin on with my single

I ran into this problem before with my 5870. it stuck at 400/900 clock/mem clock speeds for some reason. I have to do a clean uninstall driver and update to latest to get back to normal speed. same problem with 10.3 driver early preview. it stuck at 400/1200 when idle (normally 157/400)

try to download MSI burner and monitor the clock/mem see what its state. or you can do a clean uninstall drive and see how it is.

I ran into this problem before with my 5870. it stuck at 400/900 clock/mem clock speeds for some reason. I have to do a clean uninstall driver and update to latest to get back to normal speed. same problem with 10.3 driver early preview. it stuck at 400/1200 when idle (normally 157/400)

try to download MSI burner and monitor the clock/mem see what its state. or you can do a clean uninstall drive and see how it is.

that must be it, i downloaded 10.3 preview drivers and it started then. I dont think I damaged my card at all. I also have folding@home , but not always running

Back