• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A different Challenge.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so, we could add some rigss down the road right? just wanna make sure 'cos don't wanna be cheating....;)

also, do we have to upload all the WUs before the race start? i know it's hard to controll tho....

or it doesn't matter.....

but if stop uploading for a couple days, it seems like it's not a good fair race tho....

just wanna make it clear first...:rolleyes:

LandShark said:
so, we could add some rigss down the road right? just wanna make sure 'cos don't wanna be cheating....;)

also, do we have to upload all the WUs before the race start? i know it's hard to controll tho....

or it doesn't matter.....

but if stop uploading for a couple days, it seems like it's not a good fair race tho....

just wanna make it clear first...:rolleyes:

Addin machines = fair

Sandbaggin = sorta have problem with it...but with the berkeley servers they way the are if you can't get through, then you can't get through. I understand.

kool! 'cos i'm thinking to add at least 1 (as many as 6! :D ) of the machine at work to run seti. well even tho they r slow, the fastest being PIII 650, but every WU count toward the OC team tho! ;)

well, i guess sandbagging should be a problem if most of us r auto transmit. 'cos what it seems like is early in the morning, before 10am EST, there's no problem to up/down load WU. so, by the time Chawken taking stats, we all should have our cache cleared. if not, that's berkeley's problem, not our intention anyway.

let's get ready Team OC.com!!!;)

LandShark said:
kool! 'cos i'm thinking to add at least 1 (as many as 6! :D ) of the machine at work to run seti. well even tho they r slow, the fastest being PIII 650, but every WU count toward the OC team tho! ;)

well, i guess sandbagging should be a problem if most of us r auto transmit. 'cos what it seems like is early in the morning, before 10am EST, there's no problem to up/down load WU. so, by the time Chawken taking stats, we all should have our cache cleared. if not, that's berkeley's problem, not our intention anyway.

let's get ready Team OC.com!!!;)

Adding equipment isn't a prob. This race is just for fun, and any increased production only benefits the respected teams. If I get my equipment in time, as I said, I will be adding two duallies to my mix, to replace two PC's that I lost. But then again the race may be over by the time I get the equipment.

I will be grabbing the starting stats at 10am EST, and since Berkeley hasn't had many problems on the weekends, let's all get our WU's uploaded by then. Eric and I will create a page on our website to track the race, and update it Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

So crunchers - on your marks, get set - not so fast, Monday morning 10 EST we go.

Cy said:
Everything looks good to me, lets go!

What is the Nova-Star address again?

Cy

I will post a direct link on Monday. We don't have a page setup for this challenge yet. I will be creating the stats with Excel, and Eric (Sir-Epix) will create the page on the website. I will start a new thread with all the info - and maybe SpeeDj could make it a sticky.

Regarding sandbagging: I leave town for New York Saturday morning. I can transmit everything I have until then, but after that ???. I might be persuaded to set to auto-transmit (though I'd prefer not to) if I'm going to cause a problem, but one machine is going to be completely disconnected from the network for testing an idea.

If no one else has a problem with it, I'd prefer to just report my pre-start WU amount when I return the following weekend. If that will present a logistical problem or if my honesty is a concern, I understand and will do whatever needs to be done to keep from screwing the game up.

I did just have a thought. If I can get VNC setup before I leave, I may be able to connect remotely and transmit Sunday night or Monday morning. I have too much preparation to do in too short a time, but I can try to squeeze that in if everyone thinks it's best.

Godfodda said:
Regarding sandbagging: I leave town for New York Saturday morning. I can transmit everything I have until then, but after that ???. I might be persuaded to set to auto-transmit (though I'd prefer not to) if I'm going to cause a problem, but one machine is going to be completely disconnected from the network for testing an idea.

If no one else has a problem with it, I'd prefer to just report my pre-start WU amount when I return the following weekend. If that will present a logistical problem or if my honesty is a concern, I understand and will do whatever needs to be done to keep from screwing the game up.

I did just have a thought. If I can get VNC setup before I leave, I may be able to connect remotely and transmit Sunday night or Monday morning. I have too much preparation to do in too short a time, but I can try to squeeze that in if everyone thinks it's best.

There are no honesty probs here. Just let us know any adjustments and your word is as good as gold.:D

If you guys have anyone else that wants to join let me know, because I'm always up for a good race ;)

Back