• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2010 Poll: How do you fill/refill your cooling loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How do you fill or top up your coolant loop?

• With a t-line.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • With a reservoir.

Votes: 70 69.3%
  • With another method. (please give details)

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess I am differrent then the rest of you.

Modified t line I guess, I use an old ehiem canister filter I had for about 20 years. I added 2 t cup-links to the loop with a shut off valve in between, on the t side of the lines I put them thru an unused slot and add shut off valves to each. To fill it I pour the coolent into the ehiem attach it to both shut off valves. start the ehiem and open the valves, roll the case a few times to get out all the air and then pressure test the whole loop. If it doesn't leak, I shut the valves and take off the pump, ready to use. To drain I just turn off the ehiem and upright it and roll the case around a few times to let it drain out by gravity. Whole process takes about 5 min to fill, leak test, and drain if need be.

The usual drain and flush and fill at res. To fill I use a turkey baster I picked up at the dollar store. It works very well, It's only about 3/4" in diameter, fits inside the bottle of new coolant almost ot bottom of bottle, holds a fair amount of coolant and you can't beat the price.

i just put some fluid on the top on my video card and some in the tank and like fluid keep building up turn the pump off and on and continue to work with it

Have always been a fan of reservoirs since the beginning. Moved to T-lines for a couple builds due to OC Forums marking them as superior to reservoirs for performance a few years back. Then went back to reservoirs.

Current I have two MCRES-Micro v2's - one for each loop in my build

to fill use a contraption I built made out of a funnel connected to 1/2" tubing, which is connected to a G1/4 1/2" barb that screws into the top fillport of the reservoir

to drain, I stick to the old school method of get a deep dish pan or bucket, put it under the lowest part in your system, and pull the tubing off the barb and let it drain.

Res here too. I like the EK Multioption 100's. Small enough to squeeze into a small space, large enough to be practical. I hot glued some tubing to a funnel to make them easier to fill.

Can't see what's stupid about a res?

just converted from restop to T line for speed reasons, i prefer it alot, i emptied my loop , to compare how easy it was compared to the res, and it was alot easier.

also it looks much cleaner .

i use a T-Line now. but i previously had a micro-res. the res was faster for filling, but i prefer the t-line setup i have now. it really cleans up my tubes compared to my res.

res:
DSC01201.JPG

t-line:
IMG_0035.JPG

Tline all the way.
newpc.jpg

Res, no question. Mine is at the top of my loop and all my air bubbles quickly purge themselves to the res.

So do mine, its the key advantage of having the fill point more or less the highpoint in the loop. When you fill the water flows into the loop w/o any inversion needed.

So do mine, its the key advantage of having the fill point more or less the highpoint in the loop. When you fill the water flows into the loop w/o any inversion needed.

My rad is under my case, The CPU block inlet and the res are at the top in my loop. I'm going to bombard the pic threads later with my new radbox/stand, with how I set it up I saw record able 2c drop.

Definitely a reservoir. Besides ease of filling and bleeding, you can see the flow in a bay res so you know immediately if it stops.

Back