• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Asus even have a Technical Support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

I called Asus because my motherboard won't retain its IMC setting. I have tried numerous values, but no matter whether its a regular Windows reset or a failed overclock, it resets the IMC intermittently to 1.113V which is not enough to even boot.

I used to think it was just a problem with the way I was restarting or over clocking (Lets face it, it takes a while to get used to over clocking a new board).

So now its about 45 Days later. I have figured out the problem (this was an open box BTW). Now I know why it was an open box. So I call Asus and ask them about it. The first person takes my info and says..... Duh.... I can't help..... let me transfer you to RMA. RMA says.... der..... its an over clocking issue let me send you to ROG section. ROG says umm..... its not a over clock issue ..... let me send you to RMA. RMA says, um..... you need to send your board back to Newegg. Seriously though, one of their flagship motherboards and thats the service I get? It was a wasted phone call as far as I am concerned.

I called Newegg, the lady there took my info and is going to iron out this mess.

As far as I am concerned, Asus just got a big red "F" in my book. I will no longer be recommending them because the horrible service they just showed. I mean come on do you think it is that hard to just RMA a motherboard if you have no idea whats wrong with it? He asked me did I bench test it LOL. HAHAHAHHAHAH! I tried not to laugh.

Anyways /rant off. If I end up with the option of a return to Newegg, I am going to go back to Gigabyte because this experience was just sad.

Set everything to stock settings (speed, voltages), does it boot? Work properly?

Why did you tell them you were overclocking? If youve figured out that the board is a dud, dont tell them you are overclocking or theyll give you teh roundabout.

If the board runs STOCK SETTINGS just fine without errors, then the board is in working condition to Asus' spec, therefore there wont be a RMA (technically). Next time, leave out the overclocking part. Intel wont warranty a burnt CPU do to overclocking and fry'ing it, why would Asus?

First of all its a ROG (Republic of Gamers)Motherboard. It is designed with an external ROG port specifically for Overclocking, so its not an issue for them. It is advertised specifically for gaming. They even directed me to the ROG section.

As for working at stock, it does not. The whole PC typically has no problems. Occasionally, in both BSOD and normal boot, the IMC resets itself to 1.113. Not all of the settings change, just that one. It is not even the IMC voltage if I use Failsafe settings. Failsafe IMC is 1.25V. The issue is just 1 setting which for some reason resets itself intermittently to 1.113V

My issue isn't that my motherboard actually has problems, because anything can occasionally have problems, even on the best products built. My problem is the way they handled it. Everyone acted like they didn't even know what IMC (Intel Memory Controller) was. They told me I had to do the RMA through Newegg, even though I have had the Motherboard for 45 Days. It even says on their website to contact the distributor.

For a company that sells as many electronics as they do, I would think their customer support would be a little better. I contacted Newegg and they were more than delighted to handle the warranty issues on my behalf, but it will take a couple of days. If they would have just told me, "Hrm..... sounds like you have a bad board, send it in to us and we will take care of it." I might not be so disgruntled. Its going to cost me 20 dollars just to send it in for RMA and there is no guarantee they have any understanding of what the problem is, this was demonstrated by the conversation I had. If you don't understand what my problem is, then how can you fix it? Especially something so small as one bios setting.

Pfffttt... I will stick with Gigabyte next time. Maybe I will have better luck.

Thanks for the correction.

Yes but when it says on the Newegg page, that your product is not eligible for RMA through them, it kind of puts a whole "who do I go to for help" problem on the consumer.

Back