• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starcraft 2 general discussion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just an FYI for those who want to get this game and save some money. Gamestop is currently having a deal where if you order or pre-order $100 worth, you get 25% off and free shipping too.

I preordered Diablo 3 and Starraft 2. Code is 25OFF

I've played the Beta. I haven't played SC1 in a LONG time, but based on what I remember the games are very similar. New graphics, same game.

I heard it was a very different game with all the new units, lots of new strategies. You also mine slower so you cannot build as fast. You also cannot just mass one unit and win. That's from what I read so far, I havent been able to play it myself unfortunately =(

Wait what she stuck around after you had done that?

Dear God, don't ever let her go.

LOL Well that's high school love for you.

I've played the Beta. I haven't played SC1 in a LONG time, but based on what I remember the games are very similar. New graphics, same game.

No not at all. As marshmallow said the strategy is total different, and it is a slower paced game. When I used to plat S1 I would be able to mass dragoons with full upgrades in 5 minutes. Now not only would that take much longer but it wouldn't work nearly as well.

I hope this game has a fantastic challenging S.P mode like the 1st lot did I might pre-order the collectors chest edition as I've had the SC2 pre-ordered for nearly 2yrs now.

But they might call me up and offer me it who knows, I couldn't play the beta if I wanted to as I have no CPU lol.

No not at all. As marshmallow said the strategy is total different, and it is a slower paced game. When I used to plat S1 I would be able to mass dragoons with full upgrades in 5 minutes. Now not only would that take much longer but it wouldn't work nearly as well.

Erm.. I feel the exact opposite. The game is a lot faster. At least, it requires you to play a lot faster to take full advantage of your units/buildings. There's so much more in this game and everything builds faster due to the macro mechanics Blizzard has put in (queen spawn larva, chrono boost, and the mule). One hatchery is the equivalent of almost three with a queen spawning larva. The units all seem to move faster as well.

I'm curious how you built mass dragoons with full upgrades in 5 minutes... lol

Anyway, the game is great. I'm 58-39 ranked 12 in my platinum division right now. Still learning all the unit counters and some basic build orders at the moment.

My friends and I have been playing the beta for the last few weeks. I can honestly say that this is probably the best game I've ever played (granted I was a huge SC1 fan).

They removed the monotonous parts of SC1 (you can now set your miners to go to minerals, unlimited queue of actions by shift-clicking, unlimited unit selection size, etc) and added a number of new units and abilities which really add to the strategy (each race has its own way to speed up unit creation, ground units which can scale cliffs, and armor/damage type is more important in sc2). My favorite part, however, is the ladder system. Each unique partner-pair has its own ladder standing and it places you in games with people of similar ability. Almost every game turns out to be a real back and forth.

The no LAN capabilities will put a bit of a cramp on me and most of my friends. Being on dial up with no real alternatives other than satellite will more than likely blow with high ping rates. So yeah, hopefully the single player storyline is great. Also, I would just like to say that the biggest drawback to playing SC1 on a modern computer with a large monitor really shows just how rough those DX5 or 6 graphics are at 640X480 lol. The game play is still some of the best though.

I'm thinking of just buying a beta key from eBay. :s

When exactly does the beta end?

Speculated release data is june 1 because of release dates found through best buy. Don't buy a beta key from ebay they are tied to a battle.net account. You can be burned pretty easily.

Whoa the sentries seem kind of overpowered:
I predict massive abuse. This guy's also giving away a beta key to a random youtube subscriber on apr. 20, so might as well. He's got some other good videos too, check out his mass reapers game.

I predict massive abuse. This guy's also giving away a beta key to a random youtube subscriber on apr. 20, so might as well. He's got some other good videos too, check out his mass reapers game.

i love it, they're almost like a wc3 Tinker :D

That zerg player wasn't very good, it's counter-able.

Mass psi-storm games and mass corruptor games are fun too ;)

I just mass mutas and zerglings. Not very strategic but it gets the job done.

True, that's why protoss needs a powerful unit like sentries, their anti-air is sad.

I think collossus need some kind of upgrade to let them shoot air with a secondary smaller attack.

It's not going to just be massing is it?

I will always credit Warcraft 3 for breaking from that.

Back