• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starcraft 2 general discussion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone know of a way to increase the chances of being chosen for the HotS beta? I was about to opt in from battle.net, it seems they want to take a glimpse of my system specs. Since im at work and not on my gaming machine, I didn't do it yet. Now im wondering they must look for certain specs.

I think it is more of they want to make sure they give the approval to a person that has the specs to run the game.

wow SC2 sure can use a lot of ram. With win7 64-bit and only avg, winamp, msi:AB and email running, and next to nothing else, total ram usage was hitting 3.2GB

Almost time to get 8GB, but not yet.

Just saw this on Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/5978942/new-starcraft-replay-system-lets-you-pretend-to-be-a-professional-player

In a patch to the Heart of the Swarm beta released yesterday, Blizzard added some much-needed—and dare I say awesome—new features to StarCraft II. And they all had to do with replay.

We've known for a while now that Blizzard was planning to introduce a system where a dropped game could be recovered from a replay, and it finally launched yesterday. While this will be nice when you're playing casually with a friend and your game crashes out, the real utility is in tournament play. No more slipping that punishing Broodlord/Infestor noose because of server issues, Terran players.

But Blizzard didn't stop there. The coolest part of this new replay system is a little fantasy-fulfiller called Take Command. With Take Command, this "replay restart" isn't restricted to games that crashed. You and a friend can jump into any replay at any point and play from there. It doesn't even have to be your own replay! Much like strapping on the Jordan 1's in NBA 2K11, you can now hop into the shoes of a seasoned Team Liquid member in the middle of a classic match. A library of professional matches are now at your fingertips, ready to be played from any point, be it five minutes in or the epic last stand. Or just play out alterna-versions of your own matches where you win frustrating losses. Either/or. More details over on Battle.net.

Even though I don't/haven't played in some time, that feature is really awesome.

so if i jump into on of idra's games who plays my opponent and how does the opponent react exactly, neat but still limiting dont you think?

Not sure what you mean. Basically if you jump into one of those replays I assume you jump in with someone else and they play the opposite side?

That or maybe you can set the computer to x-difficulty to play out one side or the other.

Heh, common sense here guys. You load up a replay of a 2-player game with one of your friends, and each of you picks which side you want to play out. The chief purpose of this feature is to deal with disconnects in professional tournaments and the like. The rest of us being able to use it is a nice side benefit.

Heh, common sense here guys. You load up a replay of a 2-player game with one of your friends, and each of you picks which side you want to play out. The chief purpose of this feature is to deal with disconnects in professional tournaments and the like. The rest of us being able to use it is a nice side benefit.

makes sense....

Back