Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Benching Senior on Siesta
    Premium Member #8

Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Not yet Nick, I'm sure I should be able to find one locally

bump for a good guide. Sticky?
    .........................__ .....__..___.___.____.._..._......
    .Celeron.356.@6324MHz....\ \\.../ /// _ \_ _| ._ \| \\| |\....
    .Core.2.E8500.@5796MHz....\ \\./ //| | | | || | | | .\| ||....
    .Core.i7.980x.@5650MHZ.....\ \/ //.| |_| | || |_| | |\. ||....
    .Core.i7.2600k.@5557MHZ.....\ .//...\___/___|____/| ||\ ||....
    .Core.i7.920.HT.@5153MHz.....\//..................|_|| \||....

Folding For Team 32
    Benching for OCF / overclockers.com

Premium Member #8

Quote Originally Posted by Voidn View Post
    bump for a good guide. Sticky?
    Good idea

this makes me feel poor ! i resort to a h70 with a ice bucket to get 4.5ghz out of a 1090T !! i want a dice pot but cant afford it grrr
    Mobo : Asus corsshair IV extream ( Prime stable ) CPU : Phenom II 1090T@ 4.3ghz( 39'C load ) corsair H70 Memory : corsair dominator GT 2000 @ 1900 cl6-7-6-19-26
    HDD : 3x 1TB seagate baracuda 32MB 7200 1x kingston SSD 128GB 3D config : Asus hd 6970 X2 CF P physX : Asus GTX 285 786 matrix OC
    PSU : corsair 1200 watt Chasis : antec 1200 + 1 optional fan ROMS : LG Blu-ray 8x writer
    screen : samsung p2770H 70000:1 2ms speakers : logitech z-4 + z-2300

Best cpu overclock 6529mhz phenom 1090t

Poor? Check out my cooling setup. -7c(19f) outside so I opened a window in a spare room, set up some fans and went to work. Got it down to 4c (39f) on top of the hsf. Only got another 20Mhz out of it but did find out some things. XFX GTS 250 allows higher boots to windows, hD5770 booted to win 60Mhz lower, but the winner was the built-in graphics, by 20Mhz. Hoodathunk? But did brake 4200 with x3 740 with 3 cores running. Did this to run wprime32M but didn't beat my score. Really liked the DICE write-up, thanks, can't wait to try it.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1536745

Name:  temph1.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  1.16 MBName:  temph2.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  1.29 MBName:  temps1hb.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  693.9 KB
    Last edited by Apht3rThawt; 12-15-10 at 05:34 AM.
    Emerson Pugh: ĎIf the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldnít.í

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidn View Post
    Great write up! Welcome to dice land, Now crank those volts!

20-25lbs would last me 2 days on single and dual cores. I burned through almost 40lbs dice'ing a 920 last weekend .

I bought 2 boxes of eraser from this place. They offer bulk discounts.
    Link is dead. Anyone remember what brand it was? I can only find these brands, and is wondering if any of you got any experience with them?

-Cretacolor
    -Faber-Castell
    -Talens
    -Lyra
    -Boesner

Or shouldn't I care much about brand, and just go with the cheapest one?
    You say Lady Gaga, I say Dash Berlin
    You say Hannah Montana, I say Orjan Nilsen
    You say Owl City, I say Above & Beyond
    You say Justin Bieber, I say Armin Van Buuren
    You say Taylor Swift, I say Dj TiŽsto

In Trance we trust!

Benching mayhem: Asus Rampage Extreme, Gigabyte Ep45 UD3P, QX9650, Q9550, E6300, 4x Cedar Mill's, Corsair Dominators 2000Mhz 8-9-8-24, Crucial Ballistix DDR2, Asus GTX480, XFX GTX260, Inno 8800GTX, Zotac 8800GT, Piotres CPU pot, EK Supreme HF, MCW60 Mo-Ra 3 Pro, Ek DC 4.0 and a Corsair TX750
    Daily driver: Asus P5Q Pro, Q8400, OCZ PC8000, GTX460, Enzotech Sapphire, EK GTX460 full block, XSPC res/pump and a HWLabs GTX480.

Premium Member #8

Faber-Castell you can get at your local Hobby Lobby as well, or Michaels, cheap and works great

I bought Faber-Castell at Michaels like Brolloks is saying, never ended up using them since I went the foam route .
    Last edited by CgS Drone; 02-02-11 at 12:06 PM.
    C2D E8500, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P-------------955BE, TA890FXE, Cooler Master GX 750
    Cooler Master 212+, Corsair 750TX----------HAF 932, Noctua D-14
    HyperX T1 1066 5-5-5-15 (2x2GB)----------Geil Black Dragon (2x2GB)
    MSI GTX 260, Raptor 75gb.------------------Gigabyte GTX 460, Seagate 500gb

>>>>>>>HeatWare<<<<<<<

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Aye, I bought at least four of them but went with Frost King too. Eraser is great to seal, but frost forms on it if not insulated properly. Going with insulation from the bottom up fixes that.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

Premium Member #8

Best of both world is to use just a bit of eraser around the socket to seal it off, then use frost king or whatever you like to insulate the rest of the area between the socket and the PWM sinks

Water Cooled Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolloks View Post
    Best of both world is to use just a bit of eraser around the socket to seal it off, then use frost king or whatever you like to insulate the rest of the area between the socket and the PWM sinks
    Very true; it's tough cutting close enough to the socket and this would make that much easier.

I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"

10 Year Badge
    Hmm, the eraser is just very easy for me to get. I have no Idea where to get Frost King here in Denmark, and I'm pretty sure I'll get some very odd looks if I start asking in the local hardware store Does any kind of insulation foam work? Sounds like a combination of the two would be nice to work with. And as a noob, I need that kind of insulation thats easiest to work with, so i dont kill anything...

In Trance we trust!

Benching mayhem: Asus Rampage Extreme, Gigabyte Ep45 UD3P, QX9650, Q9550, E6300, 4x Cedar Mill's, Corsair Dominators 2000Mhz 8-9-8-24, Crucial Ballistix DDR2, Asus GTX480, XFX GTX260, Inno 8800GTX, Zotac 8800GT, Piotres CPU pot, EK Supreme HF, MCW60 Mo-Ra 3 Pro, Ek DC 4.0 and a Corsair TX750
    Daily driver: Asus P5Q Pro, Q8400, OCZ PC8000, GTX460, Enzotech Sapphire, EK GTX460 full block, XSPC res/pump and a HWLabs GTX480.

Premium Member #8

If you conformal the board all you really need is that bit of eraser around the socket to seal it off, the conformal will make sure the rest stays waterproof.

Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Wega! View Post
    Hmm, the eraser is just very easy for me to get. I have no Idea where to get Frost King here in Denmark, and I'm pretty sure I'll get some very odd looks if I start asking in the local hardware store Does any kind of insulation foam work? Sounds like a combination of the two would be nice to work with. And as a noob, I need that kind of insulation thats easiest to work with, so i dont kill anything...
    Depending on which pot you get, it should have a sufficient amount of insulation with it. Combine that with the eraser on the board and you should be good to go.

Water Cooled Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    Depending on which pot you get, it should have a sufficient amount of insulation with it. Combine that with the eraser on the board and you should be good to go.
    This. You can disregard at least part of what I say out of sheer paranoia. I'm not near as experienced in the cold as these guys. Their expertise is much greater than my meager knowledge.

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    I've just requested prices on 2 of the BartX pots and 3 of the Piotres pots, so I'm thinking it's going to be one of those. They come with isolation, but I dont know if it's enough? What about the backside of the mobo?
    You can see the pots I'm looking at here:
    http://www.piotres.com/
    http://www.bartxstore.cba.pl/

Quote Originally Posted by Brolloks View Post
    If you conformal the board all you really need is that bit of eraser around the socket to seal it off, the conformal will make sure the rest stays waterproof.
    Ok, language barrier kicking in here. Conformal? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
    This. You can disregard at least part of what I say out of sheer paranoia. I'm not near as experienced in the cold as these guys. Their expertise is much greater than my meager knowledge.
    I will hear what they say about it, but thanks for you input anyway And a little paranoia is fine by me, because I really dont want to kill anything. So better safe than sorry.

In Trance we trust!

Vacationing to find my sanity Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    backside needs something as well.

Conformal is a spray on coating that prevents mositure from reaching the board.

Note 1st entry here: http://www.ellsworth.com/display/pro...6&Tab=Products

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Think specialized spray paint that is specifically designed to be sprayed onto boards to protect from water.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Just so you know the pots will come with a big piece of armaflex that you can put on the backside of the board between the eraser and backplate.

You will want to cover the socket area on the backside with eraser.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast