• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Lamptron FC-2 and FC-3 Fan Controller Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Lamptron FC-2 and FC-3 Fan Controller Review
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)

What’s in a fan controller? If you’re Lamptron, a large chunk of your business! Lamptron “…develops and markets the next generation of high performance computer peripherals…” Their products have been around for a little while now and no doubt most of you have seen at least one of their controllers floating around. Needless to say, they definitely look the part.

Previously, Earthdog completed a review on their top-of-the-line FC-5 Fan Controller. We’re now being graced with the middle children of the Lamptron family – their FC-2 and FC-3.

Continue reading the article...

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I_G! (Hope I'm seeing your avatar so you can try your hand at the SuperPi competition. :) )

I wouldn't be surprised if it could, but if it doesn't it would be your fault for overloading the controller.

I wouldn't be surprised if it could, but if it doesn't it would be your fault for overloading the controller.
What he said. It would probably handle it, but it IS above the rating, so don't blame Lamptron if you kill it. :)

so in otherwords no.
the risks are too high otherwise you guys wouldn't advise against it.
thanks.
it still looks good so maybe i'll just use the other delta ffb models instead.

Back