• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Building PWM Controller for 4 wires PWM fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love those knobs! Great aesthetic.

Yeah, I saw them on Amazon and had to have them. The front bracket is actually just a "blank" for my case. I made the grate holes a little bigger to fit the knobs through and screwed it right in.

Well, 5 months later.... I finally finished my project :) Turned out pretty well.

hey, we have a very similar looking controller :clap:

11848852096_ef0abcf4af_z.jpg

mine still needs a few more touch though,
I really don't like how those big knobs are popping out of the surface :bang head

Did you like mine inVain?

TBH, yours too much complicated for me :shrug:

I just like my rig in a safe zone temperature while maintaining noise within my sanity level.
and I don't want to have my fans ramping up /down according to temps, since they're still able to hold temps somewhere around 56 during full load.

So, I think we're approaching things trough a separate ways, I afraid :D

TBH, yours too much complicated for me :shrug:

I just like my rig in a safe zone temperature while maintaining noise within my sanity level.
and I don't want to have my fans ramping up /down according to temps, since they're still able to hold temps somewhere around 56 during full load.

So, I think we're approaching things trough a separate ways, I afraid :D

it's all about placing the NTC based sensor.
If you attach this one
tempsens.gif
on the front intake, you get a stable duty cycle depending on the room temperature.

I Owe a few more pics. Knobs added :D

View attachment 124908

whoa....
that bay covers are amazing :thup:

so, you're using a 3 channel controller as well.
how many fans were driven by each channel?

it's all about placing the NTC based sensor.
If you attach this one
tempsens.gif
on the front intake, you get a stable duty cycle depending on the room temperature.

thanks for clear things up :thup:
ATM, I'm quite happy with my current setup in the rig (really happy, actually :D)

my ADSL modem's requiring some forced air though,
let's see if we can hack something up :salute:

I thought it was a nice look. My 3 Channel control was supposed to be as follows

Ch1 1 120mm SaynoDenki side fan
CH2 2 Rear AFB1212SH-PWM's
CH3 3 Front AFB1212SH-PWM's

Channel 2 isn't hooked up, I'm letting the mobo control those based on CPU temp. Less of a hassle for me.

I thought it was a nice look. My 3 Channel control was supposed to be as follows

Ch1 1 120mm SaynoDenki side fan
CH2 2 Rear AFB1212SH-PWM's
CH3 3 Front AFB1212SH-PWM's

Channel 2 isn't hooked up, I'm letting the mobo control those based on CPU temp. Less of a hassle for me.

your build looks very good.
I also have three Delta AFB1212SH, one at the front and the other two take care of the graphics card.
What type of potentiometers did you use ?

Nope, 0-100% on the TFC1212DE does nothing for you. the TFC1212DE follows the PFC1212DE as far as i remember, which is a min rpm of 1500 with a control circuit(occures at like 25% duty cycle). the freq never passes straight to the motor, and infact is controllable anywhere from 30hz to 30 khz. Could be wrong on this, but i thought it followed the PFC1212DE's design(this includes the slow windup wind down feature)

Yeah it seems to, it's slow on the 2-98% controller. My main reason for building the 0-100% would be for the San Ace fans, but as bing said it's just a superior controller to the 2-98% version because of the comparator. And I fancy a project. :D

Keep me posted then. I'll help you if you need any help, and if you are any good at electronics, a page or 2 back, could you look over my PCB designs for my thermal controller, and compare them to the schematic? i'd like to make sure i didn't screw up before i run them on my CNC(materials aren't cheap)

I was checking them out earlier and they look great; unfortunately I'm still very much a novice when it comes to electronics so the 0-100% will be something of a challenge for me haha!

So I got these today. Maybe I should build the 0-100% controller now, huh? :D

Hi Lenny,
welcome back, where have you been? :welcome:
and you've got some new toys, too :D

yeah, the 0-100% is a must.
trust me, it will give you a smoother feeling when you dial the knob.
but a steadier frequency response in all duty cycle range is the main advantage of the 0-100%, though :thup:

Back