• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how hard/easy would it be to add rads and a larger res for that kit? id like to snag that kit then from there move into uprades for a GPU

not very hard at all and you wouldnt need a bigger res either.

larger res just takes a little longer for the loop to reach equilibrium.

sweet baby jebus, what you using for eyes? stickers or buttons #Laughs#

straight from the bobbytionary (first edition)

Equilibrium in this context means a larger volume of cooling solution will take longer to equalise. but have no effect on the systems ability to cool the solution.

therefore pointless to have vastly more coolant solution than you need to make the loop function because the temps are governed by the rads ability to cool the solution.

in short a larger res does nothing for actual cooling ability and serves only to purge gases and enable you to fill the loop and provide more feeds with extra pumps in some senarios :)

not really saved you a read here because you still have to read my reply, is where my gears are getting twisted here #Laughs#
its not personal just common... more common than im liking anyhow :)

You will more likely be happy with buying/building your own loop

Rad 120.3 Swiftech
Pump 655 with speed controll
Res any size that will fit your needs (Bigger for Eye Candy,,,,smaller for function)

Then you'll need Tubing,fittings, ((choice free here))

waterblocks CPU and GPU ((HetaKiller or EK))

by doing this you will be more able/cheaper to do upgrades....

thats what i thought yo meant by equilibrium, i second guessed my self and thought of water pressure for a moment since water expands from heat.

and i think im going to get that kit as a starter then add my own stuff using that kit as reference

Back