• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Join the "\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, it's just an old gutted fan for a shroud.

I really like how a SSD mounts to the bottom of the TJ08-E so that the data and power connectors are accessed from the other side of the HDD cage. So, the only cables that can be seen are the GPU power cables and the fan power cable. The purpose the HDD cage is serving is to support the GPU for traveling and to hide the 24-pin, USB3.0 19-pin, and front fan wires.

@diaz: Did you buy another magnetic filter for your rear 120mm fan spot, or did you move the PSU one down?

Yep, it's just an old gutted fan for a shroud.

I really like how a SSD mounts to the bottom of the TJ08-E so that the data and power connectors are accessed from the other side of the HDD cage. So, the only cables that can be seen are the GPU power cables and the fan power cable. The purpose the HDD cage is serving is to support the GPU for traveling and to hide the 24-pin, USB3.0 19-pin, and front fan wires.

@diaz: Did you buy another magnetic filter for your rear 120mm fan spot, or did you move the PSU one down?

Yeah I got a 120mm magnetic filter for the rear. Pulling air in with the H80. Actually still has some decent airflow.. I had to cut the rear shroud away though..

Oh, and you are totally a member of "\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/"

Stamp your sig NAO! Nice build! :clap:

DIAZ! No way. I moved from the P180 Mini to the TJ08-E as well! (after testing out the 650D... I like the smaller form factors..)

Here's my baby =). Don't mind the blurred back panel picture...

Also the one with the 4 boxes was when I swapped from X58 to Z77 =). The latest picture has the Noctua LNA adapters connected.. Which I have yet to cable manage (Sleeve). Damn noctua for giving me non-sleeved adapters lol. I also included my old P180 Mini build just cos I can.. :p The way it used to be! :O

I've got a single molex chain up the top left. Connected to my HDD/2 SSDs in a SilverStone FP55B Adapter. Keeping them out of sight. Using bitfenix extensions to help make it easier to manage up there (molex > sata connections). Easier than running a sata chain because they don't bend so easily when 3 drives are cramped into a tiny space lol. HX 650 I swapped around to act as an internal exhaust because the noise was bothering me (has a tiny coil whine which I can hear when things are quiet while its facing up using the filter).

Even swapped my AP 181 front fan around so the cables aren't on this side to be visible.. Sadly my TJ08-E if you look closely is missing it's front I/O ports.. My USB 3.0 did not work. I've sent it back.. It's been a month since I did that.. Rather annoying. Haven't got any word back yet.. Sigh. (They initially wanted the entire case and I told them where to shove it (in nicer terms); and said I can easily remove the front i/o without the entire case... My front fan started making weird noises for a bit too; used some machine oil in the well of the fan; seems to have worked and stopped it. (Using the guide from these forums about keeping fans lubricated! =D)

P1020224 copy.jpg
P1020220 copy.jpg
sandybuild.jpg
P1010152-edit.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful Mjolnir!

Thank you! Great board isn't it? =D. I quite like your rig. One day I'll get into water cooling and go nuts... One day. The TJ08-E seems quite popular in this thread. Lol. And the P180 Mini. Best cases! The P180 mini is still being used by my rents for a web machine. I actually have the fans disconnected. It's just a X3 720 running onboard graphics under a OCZ Vendetta 2.. I know.. It's a shame to put such a nice case to such use.. Eventually I'll replace their case/machine with a tiny Antec Vesa unit and give my p180 mini to my brother who plays games and such. Better use there at least XD

Thank you! Great board isn't it? =D. I quite like your rig. One day I'll get into water cooling and go nuts... One day. The TJ08-E seems quite popular in this thread. Lol. And the P180 Mini. Best cases! The P180 mini is still being used by my rents for a web machine. I actually have the fans disconnected. It's just a X3 720 running onboard graphics under a OCZ Vendetta 2.. I know.. It's a shame to put such a nice case to such use.. Eventually I'll replace their case/machine with a tiny Antec Vesa unit and give my p180 mini to my brother who plays games and such. Better use there at least XD

Stamp your sig my friend, excellent job with the TJ08E :D :clap:

@Mjolnir: My keyboard now hates you. He was happy before you and your rig appeared and I started drooling.

Nice rig, seriously. Only thing I'd try to do is hide the Noctua's sleeved wire.

Don't be hatin on mah keyboard Lol. :p. It's great. I love it. Brown switches. Only got it what; a month ago. Only became available a month ago in Aus =D.

Yeah I'm going to sleeve the LNA adapters then see how I can hide the cables entirely.. Somehow.. They're long. Its hard lol

I would LOVE to join the mATX L33T club.. but i know nothing about mATX anything. Currently i am looking at the Silverstone TJ08E because its beautiful... and also my spare 6970 wont fit in the FT03-Mini :(

That being said, I am at a complete loss as where to go for Power supplies. will a normal ATX PSU actually fit in this case? i cant find any dimensions for the PSU cubby. SilverStone website says ATX P/S2 PSUs but i cant find them anywhere. I was thinking of just going with a modular psu and hope it wont be too cluttered if possible.

EDIT: also how much of an issue is heat in a mATX case?

Last edited:
That being said, I am at a complete loss as where to go for Power supplies. will a normal ATX PSU actually fit in this case?
Yes. Nothing special here - though I suppose a few of the larger extended length PSUs would not fit.

My SeaSonic X750 is 6.3" (160mm) long and it fits, but my SeaSonic 1000 Platinum does not fit and it's 7.48" (190mm) long.

When I pulled the specs from Silverstone's site for the review, it said 180mm was the maximum PSU length, but they have since removed that info.

MAX11L

"It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo

MAX11L120.jpg

MAX11L121.jpg

MAX11L123.jpg

MAX11L124.jpg

MAX11L125.jpg

MAX11L126.jpg

MAX11L127.jpg

MAX11L129.jpg

And here is the epic follow up (which was finished a while ago, but I forgot to post here :-/

I just finished a build I've been working on for a customer. He requested a system to fulfill these requirements.
  • small
  • lightweight
  • very powerful
  • unique
  • cutting edge gaming performance

If you like what you see here, be sure to check out the full build log for details :)

This is what the layout looks like prior to putting in the optical drive tray....it's a really tight squeeze!

MAX11Lv3122.jpg

And here are the final shots of the system. The customer is planning to replace the feet with something a bit more athetically pleasing once he finds something he likes.

MAX11Lv3129.jpg

MAX11Lv3128.jpg

MAX11Lv3127.jpg

MAX11Lv3126.jpg

MAX11Lv3125.jpg

I welcome your comments and criticisms :)

Good lord Miah! My fingers hurt after a regular build; seeing that thing makes me cringe. Very impressive work, especially the GPU water block cutout. :thup:

Back