• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Join the "\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nah, I still haven't got any car radiator, but eventually will buy one, not sure if from eBay or if from a junk yard. And, I don't know, but it will be massive, I have a little courtyard just next to my computer, where I will install the radiator. I've even built a roof for it!

I've seen some old radiators from cars like the Seat 600 or Simca Rallye, and even from a Renault 4 available from eBay Spain, haven't checked eBay Anuncios (some sort of classifieds) yet.

Cool, good luck with that!
Most radiators here are aluminum ones...or even brass. :(
I could find some heatercores from local chop shops, but they were really overpriced for what they were. I could buy a xspc rasa rx360 and some good fans with that :shock:

Cool, good luck with that!
Most radiators here are aluminum ones...or even brass. :(
I could find some heatercores from local chop shops, but they were really overpriced for what they were. I could buy a xspc rasa rx360 and some good fans with that :shock:

I have a RX360 and some Nidec GT fans somewhere around here. I am looking for something over 9x120mm.

What case will you be using? :shrug:

Guess a case is mandatory? You're seeing its case actually, so I suppose a benching station doesn't count. It's the first mATX board I've really used so I was just happy I could post in the thread. FWIW, it's a Lian Li station. :)

Hokie may be using the PC-Q06 that he reviewed, which is meant for ITX. I guess since he added the optional ATX tray it doesn't count any more?

Also, I had my MVG system set up yesterday only to find out the two left RAM slots were DoA....

Hokie may be using the PC-Q06 that he reviewed, which is meant for ITX. I guess since he added the optional ATX tray it doesn't count any more?

Also, I had my MVG system set up yesterday only to find out the two left RAM slots were DoA....

Since this is a very special situation where the case used IS SFF, but there is an addition on top to fit all the extra hardware required to run it, can definitely count as a mATX L33T club.

Hokie, can you please post more pictures of that rig? :D

Ok, here's my not-so-sff build.

System specs:
i7 3770K
ASUS Maximus V GENE
G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666
AMD HD 6990 (That's what I use when I'm not actively reviewing something that requires the 6970 for comparison.)
CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 800W
Lian Li PC-Q06 with ATX tray

Water Loop:
MCP-35x Pump & Top
MCR-320 Radiator
EK Supreme HF CPU block

The small part:

oc-sff-04.jpg

The large part:

oc-sff-02.jpg

The system:

oc-sff-03.jpg

oc-sff-01.jpg

The setup as a whole:

oc-sff-05.jpg

This is my review bench / review writing setup. It's a SFF motherboard right now because that's what I'm reviewing, but I plan on keeping it this way for a while at least (no more boards on-hand to review currently). It's probably as small as I'll be able to get anyway. :cool:

The fact that it would be difficult to further reduce the footprint of this specific build, makes you elligible for the mATX club!

Thank you very much for the pics :D

Stamp your sig!

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/

The fact that it would be difficult to further reduce the footprint of this specific build, makes you elligible for the mATX club!

Thank you very much for the pics :D

Stamp your sig!

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/

I'll wear it proudly, thanks!! :salute:

Just received the TJ08E... actually nicer than I thought it would be! :D

Now the wait for the 3570 and MVG....

Here is my new mATX build. The TJ08 is a fantastic case, but you have to plan how you are going to manage cabling and especially the H80 cooler. Connecting the 3 pin CPU from the H80 to the motherboard is very difficult after installing the H80. Managing the cables after installing the H80 is even harder. Start with the pump, connect and manage everything. Bundle the H80's fan cables before screwing the H80 to the rear. Once the rad is installed, then plug in the fan connectors to the pump - which is not that hard, but still presents an awkward working space. Otherwise, the TJ08 is fantastic.

Attachments

• May 2012 080.JPG
    May 2012 080.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 156
  • May 2012 073.JPG
    May 2012 073.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
  • May 2012 082.JPG
    May 2012 082.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
  • May 2012 084.JPG
    May 2012 084.JPG