• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gizmodo Raided by Police

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the whole thing reminds me of a campus newspaper this past year having a tiff with one of the fraternities. they had accused the frat of conspiracy to hide a case of date rape committed inside the house. the police did little in the investigation (so says the paper) and when no crime was found the paper ran the story. the frat fought back and slandered the paper, going as far as to supposedly steal 10,000 copies of the issue with the story printed. this also was never proved nor was anyone charged with the theft. in retaliation the paper went to several other cities and actually had the story, along with the newspaper theft bit printed in those places.

and this is why ASU is better :p go sun devils!

The person who found the phone sold it without ever trying to return it to its owner. In CA, that is a crime. Don't like it? Complain to the state, not at apple.

He did try to return by calling Apple. Apple said they didn't want it back. It was probably an uneducated customer service who didn't know the proto was missing but since Apple refused in the first place, it became finder's keepers.

I'm sure the judge will see a phone record confirming the call to Apple, and ultimately blaming Apple for their poor system that caused all the mess.

haha i've attended both. my parking is cheaper here :) (only because i live closer than lot 59 was at ASU)

I used the lightrail all year for $80. Didn't have to pay for parking :)

Slightly more on topic:
Gizmodo claims that the new iPhone runs on an Apple A4 processors with 256MB RAM based on new images from a vietnamese website.

Digitimes is claiming ARM Cortex A8, 512MB RAM. Anyone hear anything else?

Interestingly enough, everyone seems to be agreeing on 960x640 resolution

Last edited:
I should have said "IMO"

I don't feel that a blogger is a real journalist...I could start my own BS blog just to circumvent the law which is crap.

Well something like this shows the need to consider bloggers as journalists. If a blogger runs something controversial, or publishes a whistleblowing article, they need to be able to protect their source just as much as a conventional journalist. But you should know that shield laws don't protect journalists who have committed a crime.

Back