• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Splatterball anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

Anyone here play Splatterball on AOL? Man I used to play that a lot. I was part of the squad Black Rain. I'm sure most here won't know what I'm talking about.

Just reliving old memories. It was this paintball game made by Mythic that I would spend hours upon hours on as a kid. I haven't played anything nearly as much as I played that.

Splatterball

Hey :) I signed up with Overclockers JUST to reply to this thread. I played Splatterball on AOL for a lonnnng time. I was Bhodi_Li (at least I think that was my name.. hmm.. yeah. Pretty sure it was) on Black Rain as well :)

There's a Facebook group for all the old SB folks if you care to join. Search for Splatterball Degenerates. I just sent a request to join it about 30 minutes ago.

Seeeeeee ya

Already in the FB group :)
Good to see old SB players still exist.

I can't find the FB group ?? Can u friend req me or msg me and direct me to it on fb " jason jacko wright "

Anyway loved SB on aol I was mental^kpb ( killer paint balls) got my rank up to master b4 it shut down- Id love to c it re released, found a paint ball game on xbox live but is awful :( Gutted

sick graphics for that era :p

splatterball04.jpg

Twiggish, I just googled "splatterball" I was one of the first members of BR. I played in like 98. Good times!

I just so happened to google splatterball today as well and had to make an account to reply to this thread. Don't remember the year but I was part of global threat, we were full of military, ex military and accounts people made to play as aliases, good times.

I signed up also, just for this.. I was ZeRo (TZ,*K* etc)

They are currently trying to revive SB now, like they did Mage =)

Loved that game! Googled it today and had to reply to this old thread after I saw FeaR post. BR was always tough, great team. I always wonder what some of the old GT crew has been up to. My boy Trust, R!ot, Joey and the rest. What up FeaR!

Like many others over the past five years, I registered on OC just now to reply to this.
I was taking a trip down memory lane reminiscing about AOL in the 90s (punters, Progz, etc.) and inevitably I thought about Splatterball - one of the greatest computing experiences I have ever had.
Any chance anyone remembers the player "Vixen"? that wasn't me, but Vixen was always a celeb among me and my friends for reasons I can't remember anymore. I believe I was in some little-known guild called BTS (Big Time Splatters). Cenz_BTS sounds familiar.

Yeah so I had to join just for this thread. I was just mistakenly telling someone this was a yahoo game. I can't remember my handle or my crew, only the months of lost time and productivity.

I just joined as well to reply to this thread. I loved this game, everyone remember the glitches in the game? That **** was fun. I hope they bring this game back. I'm 33 yrs old and will wait in line to get this game!

Super old thread, but would anyone still be interested in this? I was a big time fan and am working with some of the original devs to get this running again. Would most likely be emulated; more info soon! Contact me if you'd like to get involved.

Super old thread, but would anyone still be interested in this? I was a big time fan and am working with some of the original devs to get this running again. Would most likely be emulated; more info soon! Contact me if you'd like to get involved.

This would be amazing! How can I stay updated on the progress?

Hey - two years after the last post, so who knows when anyone will see this, but I was part of the Splatterball community as well. I *believe* my handle was LedZep, and I ran a crew called Black Dog. Damned if it wasn't 20 years ago, though, so the memories are foggy ;)

Hey - two years after the last post, so who knows when anyone will see this, but I was part of the Splatterball community as well. I *believe* my handle was LedZep, and I ran a crew called Black Dog. Damned if it wasn't 20 years ago, though, so the memories are foggy ;)

2 years after you post, I found this lol. I was on BD for a period of time and several others. SpACe was my handle

Back