• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Welcome To Overclockers.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Welcome to our community at Overclockers.com! This article is about who we are, where we came from, and what we value!

The Overclockers.com Mission

We've been online since November 1998, and we pride ourselves on sticking to the same ideals we were founded upon!

As put forth by Joe Citarella, Skip MacWilliam, and Ed Stroligo:
We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here. We are respectable, for we share our bounty. We will endure, for we continue to grow. We will continue to grow as long as those who come to us find what they need for their own betterment, and the betterment of those who follow after them.

If the community thinks anything relevant was left off this article, post up. It's just off the cuff, and will stand as the general site introduction and FAQ for some time - improvements and additions are welcome. Comments, PM, or email is fine. :)

I've been reading the site since '99 but a little less in the last couple years.

Did Ed ever post anything more about his decision to leave?

I imagine Joe must have posted something about the decision to turn the site over to iNet?

I'm not looking to discuss all that in the thread but can someone link me to any discussions that happened at the time? After reading them for so long I feel like I know them a little and I'd like to read anything they had to share on the subject.

My reading had also dropped off a bit (until I took over running the site, I read everyday now), and I started around the year 2000. The site developed and changed a bit through that time, but I still read it regularly ever since I started.

Ed's email still works and is available on the internet if you want to ask him. It wouldn't be my place to share anything we've spoken about personally - I didn't know him, but I reached out to him personally in email because I missed him too.

Joe was being pulled in other directions by life, work, and he felt it was time to hand things over for the progress and best interest of the site and community so that things could be carried on. We coordinated very closely in changing the site over from the old way of doing things, to the new community driven model I developed which we currently run on. He posted about it in this article:

http://www.overclockers.com/inet-interactive-acquires-overclockers/

Back